Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to improve on time for Logic Games?

justrandomjustrandom Alum Member
edited November 2014 in General 343 karma
I have been prepping for the LSAT for approximately 3 months now. I have been able to improve a bit from my baseline score but I am still struggling with logic games. I usually finish 3 games. I can never complete all 4 games, and end up having to guess.

Do you have any strategies on how to improve my timing in order to be able to finish the 4 games? I will be taking the exam in December and if I'm able to improve this area, my score would be much better.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Drill it in the following manner:

Day 1: 8 hours of basic sequencing games

Day 2: 8 hours of sequencing games with a twist

Day 3: 8 hours of in out games

Day 4: 8 hours of grouping games

Day 5: 8 hours of grouping + chart and grouping + sequencing games

Day 6: 4 - 10 mixed sets from earlier LSATs
    3438 karma
    if your score does not improve, redo this... you will see HUGE gains
  • jeffrey.gohrbandjeffrey.gohrband Alum Member
    edited November 2014 2 karma
    Wow, there just aren't any short cuts for logic games. Thanks Nilesh for making me feel sad and pathetic (because you're totally right about putting in the time)
  • danballinger5danballinger5 Alum Member
    198 karma
    It's kind of funny, but I really need to focus on writing smaller, faster, and neater. I've realized that I waste several minutes overall by not following this simple bit of advice.

Also, I read through the rules once and skim the questions to get a feel for the game, then I go back and start writing. This often helps me get a better feel for my setup, especially on harder games, and I don't have to refer back to the rules as often.

Whatever you do, repetition is the main thing. Things will start to click if you pound away at the games.
  • patrickcmarxpatrickcmarx Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    Thanks you for this advice. Where do i find 8 hours of each of these drills to do? that I can print? I will pay for ti. Thanks
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    Patrick, I know 7sage sells a logic games bundle in the add-on section. It includes all games from PT 1-35 which will give you lots of material to work with. If you want more games past 35, then cambridge lsat sells them also.
    3438 karma
    you could use the lg bundles for the homework again... it really helps if you repeatedly drill a set of core games that you have because unlike LR (and I don't believe this... I think this helps in LR too) repeating a set of games helps clarify and cement the process.
  • justrandomjustrandom Alum Member
    343 karma
    Nilesh, thank you for the advice and to everyone else for their additional comments! Going to try it out to see if it works. Gracias! =)
  • katri.stanleykatri.stanley Alum Member
    edited November 2014 6 karma
    K
  • veirshunterveirshunter Alum Member
    26 karma
    You are not alone. I'm struggling with this as well. Although, I'll take it as a win, that I can generally get 100% correct. However, I'm like you, I only get 3 completed.