Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

logic games and the alphabetical order

TheoryandPracticeTheoryandPractice Alum Member
in Logic Games 1008 karma

Many logic games utilize alphabet orders to differentiate a variable set (ex) say, variable set 1 consists of JKLM and 2, NOP...etc) but I often confuse which alphabet belongs to which variable set. For example, when I think of the variable N, I have to look back and forth my main diagram and the variable to see where N belongs. This is an incredible waste of time.

I am trying to memorize the alphabetical order so well to the point that, when I see a variable, I know exactly where in the variable set it belongs. To add to my dismay, I've learned Russian in college, and I sometimes confuse Russian with English alphabet. For example, in Russian, "r" is pronounced similarly to "g." Sometimes, without even being aware of it, I would write down g in the main diagram instead of r...

Anyways, does anyone have tips for quickly categorizing and memorizing which alphabet belongs to which variable set? (other than memorizing the alphabetical order again)

Comments

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Hi!

I identify the set and put a variable on top for each set. I think PT34 Game 1 is good practice for this. I put an E for experienced, drew a horizontal line underneath, and then the letters who met this category. Same thing for inexperienced.

Also, because in this game we are dealing with subcategories, I boxed all of the geologists and circled of the radiobiologists.

Lastly, because we are selecting two experienced and two inexperienced, I wrote E and I next to two lines each. This way I have clearly delineated sections within the in and the out and all that I had to remember is that we are also selecting two circles and two squares. Inferences were incredibly easy at this point.

Not sure if this helps at all but let me know if you have any questions!