Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on timing

rogersalexandra7rogersalexandra7 Alum Member
in General 213 karma

Hi! So I have a question on timing, should I time myself while Im drilling different logical reasoning questions and then time myself when I do PTs or should I time myself for the logical reasoning questions as well as the PTs. The reason I am asking is that I know some questions will take longer than others so I don't really know what standard time to give myself for each question if I were to time myself. Thank you so much in advance!

Comments

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@rogersalexandra7 You should always time yourself on PT. I'm super relaxed when drilling but you should time yourself on them as well. If you go over use a timer to see exactly where you are as far as time so that you can tweak it. The questions will be different in difficulty but you still only have xx time for each question so are training yourself to only spend that amount of time or less on each question.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited May 2017 10789 karma

@rogersalexandra7 said:
    Hi! So I have a question on timing, should I time myself while Im drilling different logical reasoning questions and then time myself when I do PTs or should I time myself for the logical reasoning questions as well as the PTs. The reason I am asking is that I know some questions will take longer than others so I don't really know what standard time to give myself for each question if I were to time myself. Thank you so much in advance!

Hey, so you can keep track of the time but you are correct in that certain questions are meant to be done in 20 sec while others need 2-3 min depending on the level of difficulty. Maybe what you can do is take a look at analytics and see how difficult this question is. If it's a 5 star question, its okay to take 2-3 min but if it was a 1-3 star question, I would really try to figure out how you could have done this faster.

Also, doing things fast is an important aspect of LSAT. So while its good to blind review and figure things thoroughly, I think it's also valuable information to see how long it takes you to do certain questions so you can improve in speed. The only time I would say you shouldn't keep track of time is when you are learning a new skill then you just want to focus on doing things the right way instead of time. But if you are drilling to see if you understand concepts and questions, I would time it.

• rogersalexandra7rogersalexandra7 Alum Member
    213 karma

Thank you so much!