LG_CandideLG_Candide Alum Member
edited May 2018 in General 72 karma

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited May 2017 23929 karma

If you're hitting 174s and 175s then you certainly know your stuff.
    I do have a few questions so I can tailor any advice.

Where are you missing points on PTs?
    Have you done the most recent ones in the late-70s and PT80?
    What PTs did you get those scores listed above on?
    What is your BR score/process like?

Generally speaking, 1-2 PTs a week is good. 3-4 would be the max I would ever recommend.

What's more important isn't # of PTs per say, but rather figuring out how to get your score consistently over the 170 threshold. We often don't make the bulk of our improvements from the PTs themselves, but from thorough BR and drilling the weaknesses they present.

• LG_CandideLG_Candide Alum Member
    edited May 2018 72 karma

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27847 karma

Your stats look pretty good to me. I recommend taking the week before off, but until then I think you're probably fine at two a week. If you do feel compelled to study in the final week, try to keep it to light drilling and don't grade anything. You're not going to make significant improvements at that point so you're only risking a psychological crisis by doing too much and evaluating your performance. The best thing you can do now is build confidence. You've done the work and now it's just a matter of showing up feeling good on game day.

• imharrisimharris Alum Member
    466 karma

@Asterixes i'm also sitting for the june exam and currently in the same range of average scores as you... all the previous comments are spot on. i'll add just a few points of consideration:

1. i find that if i take more than one day off from lsat related activities i start to slip a little. that being the case i allow myself one day a week with no lsat related material and then try to do at least a little drilling each day otherwise.

2. i'm currently taking two preptests a week, but my pace is entirely dependant on my ability to thoroughly blind review each preptest. i will not take my next preptest unless i have taken the time to blind review and learn from the last preptest i took. i usually take 6-10 hours blind reviewing each preptest. but that time includes going back to the 7sage core curriculum to review the concepts of the questions that i missed.

3. during the week leading up to the lsat i plan on retaking a preptest. this advice was given to me by one of the mentor's on 7sage. it feels like the right approach. i'll stay in touch with the material and have something to work on during the week, but will have less risk of bombing a fresh test and ruining my confidence.

4. i try to treat the logic games section like free throws in basketball: you just have to keep practicing them to get your percentage up. given where your scores are right now i'd recommend diving into the "foolproof" method for logic games recommended by 7sage. two weeks of that and you can probably get your lg average to -1.2.

good luck on june 12th!