Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Timed Individual Sections vs Full Practice Tests

eshanpatel96eshanpatel96 Member
in General 38 karma

Hey all,

So this week for me is super busy, I really don't have time to do a full length practice test as I have been doing these past 6 weeks. Would it be a good idea to just do timed sections throughout the week (using a practice test) just as some material to look at when I have the time throughout the next few days. If so, should I just use the next practice test on my list (I think its 44 or 45) or should I use an older one? I also plan on going over some stuff in the CC whenever I get a chance as well.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• jurisprudentjurisprudent Alum Member
    326 karma

If you haven't done problem sets already (available under Syllabus --- with questions pooled together by question type from PTs 1-35), I would recommend them. This is a good way to practice your weaknesses and avoid burning full-length PTs too early in your study phase.

That said, the plus side of using a more recent test to drill is getting exposure to newer questions on the LSAT (they tend to be harder/slightly different than the ones on older tests) as well as practicing the switch up between different LR stems.

Good luck!

• dantlee14dantlee14 Free Trial Member
    617 karma

I've had the same issue since I work full time - I've been foolproofing LG throughout breaks in the day and after work, and use weekends for full PTs. And since you're only in the 40s, you've got plenty of material left for the home stretch (I'm guessing you're not taking it in June).

I can't speak for the core curriculum since I'm not a full member, but my understanding is that you shouldn't be taking full length PTs if you haven't finished the whole thing anyway. Or did you mean that you're just reviewing parts of the CC that you've already finished?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@eshanpatel96 said:
    Hey all,

So this week for me is super busy, I really don't have time to do a full length practice test as I have been doing these past 6 weeks. Would it be a good idea to just do timed sections throughout the week (using a practice test) just as some material to look at when I have the time throughout the next few days. If so, should I just use the next practice test on my list (I think its 44 or 45) or should I use an older one? I also plan on going over some stuff in the CC whenever I get a chance as well.

Thanks in advance.

Doing some timed sections would be completely fine. Actually, I recommend it. FWIW, I think I made most of my improvements not on PTs, but on drill sets and definitely through timed sections. There's plenty of material -- so no worries there.

• eshanpatel96eshanpatel96 Member
    38 karma

Thanks for the input guys! I appreciate the help, I just don't want to do something wrong this close to my first attempt at the exam (June).

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@eshanpatel96 said:
    Thanks for the input guys! I appreciate the help, I just don't want to do something wrong this close to my first attempt at the exam (June).

Well, if you are taking in June, make sure that you've done a good amount of the most recent tests from the 60s and 70s. The test you'll see in June will likely be much more similar to the 70s than the 40s. The earlier tests are still great for practice sections though!

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

For you weaknesses, I would even recommend taking it one step further. For example, doing one passage and one game at a time. It is amazing how much you will realize that you know (or don't know) when you dissect the test on such an intricate level.