Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free LR Tutoring [coming soon] (Update with a polling question)

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@TryingMyBest said:
    I'd be interested in the 50s! Thanks for this.

Got it <3

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I vote for the 40s only because the 50+ seem best for full-timed PTs and 1-35, like stated above, are used in the CC and for the problem sets.

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    edited May 2017 2301 karma

I agree with @"Alex Divine". I think the 50's are challenging and make for great timed PTs. I think the 40s would be a nice mix of new material and material that we are not afraid to use up.

• FranklyMyDearFranklyMyDear Member
    26 karma

I am interested as well

• tayyytayyy Free Trial Member
    32 karma

I'd also be interested in the 50s!;)

• Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    1018 karma

I'm definitely interested! I'd also like to vote for the 50s PT series, please.

Thank you for doing this, Sami! <3 <3

• rogersalexandra7rogersalexandra7 Alum Member
    213 karma

Im interested!!!! Thank you!!

edited May 2017 10774 karma

@"Bevs ScooterMinion" said:

@tayyy said:
    I'd also be interested in the 50s!;)

Got it : )

@"Daniel.Sieradzki" I totally get your reasoning for why PT 50's make for great timed tests. I myself used them that way and that's why in the original poll I did not include them as an option. But I am a believer in giving people choices and maybe we can have one session where we use two of the 50 PT's for this and the rest can be a mix between 30's and 40's. The majority of them being 40's judging by the vote count. : ) I still need to figure out the details. <3

• cody.karrascody.karras Free Trial Member
    7 karma

when will this be happening and where?

• allworld13allworld13 Alum Member
    18 karma

Count me in

edited May 2017 2301 karma

@Sami. That makes perfect sense. Ultimately, it should be up to a majority vote. It would be fine to use some 50 PTs if that is what people want. I thought I should just point some stuff out based on my experience. I can't wait for this to start! 7Sage is lucky to have you.

10774 karma

@"Daniel.Sieradzki" said:
    @Sami. That makes perfect sense. Ultimately, it should be up to a majority vote. It would be fine to use some 50 PTs if that is what people want. I thought I should just point some stuff out based on my experience. I can't wait for this to start! 7Sage is lucky to have you.

I like proportional representation more than majority wins. But that's probably due to my own personal feelings about the voting system lol. So lets see. I can't wait for this to start as well and I am lucky that you get to come to this <3 <3 <3

• Sarah889Sarah889 Alum Member
    877 karma

Interested :)

• kisham7kisham7 Free Trial Member
    29 karma

interested

• meemop785meemop785 Core Member
    17 karma

I am interested in this! How soon will this start?

• BumblebeeBumblebee Member
    640 karma

Yes, I am also interested ! Thank you!!

• monika_pmonika_p Alum Member
    194 karma

interested!!

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@Sami idc which PT you use. I think this is great! There are def patterns. I also think there are patterns in RC. It's just so hard to focus on one thing for so long to reveal these patterns. I'm all in!

• Niner PapaNiner Papa Alum Member
    47 karma

Very interested.

10774 karma

@tanes256 said:
    @Sami idc which PT you use. I think this is great! There are def patterns. I also think there are patterns in RC. It's just so hard to focus on one thing for so long to reveal these patterns. I'm all in!

It definitely takes a bit of work. That's why I am doing it so you don't have to. : )

@"cody.karras" said:
    when will this be happening and where?

Probably in two or three weeks from now. > @"Bevs ScooterMinion" said:

My pleasure. and I got your vote as well <3

• sjiang666sjiang666 Alum Member
    157 karma

Definitely interested!!! How can I join the tutoring? I am new to this.

• sjiang666sjiang666 Alum Member
    157 karma

Oh by the way, since I will take the June lsat, I am wondering if we will do this before the exam? Do we have a approximate date for the tutoring?

2301 karma

@Sami said:

@"Daniel.Sieradzki" said:

I like proportional representation more than majority wins. But that's probably due to my own personal feelings about the voting system lol. So lets see. I can't wait for this to start as well and I am lucky that you get to come to this <3 <3 <3

I like your style! If only the presidential election worked the same way!

• Muskey OneMuskey One Alum Member
    34 karma

Interested as well

• couchifercouchifer Member
    17 karma

I am definitely interested as well!! :)

• Kraig KmiotekKraig Kmiotek Member
    10 karma

Very interested!!!

• saul.j.slowiksaul.j.slowik Alum Member
    54 karma

I'm interested!!

• FryBreadfruitFryBreadfruit Live Member
    120 karma

Sounds Awesome

• vlopez222vlopez222 Free Trial Member
    12 karma

When will this start??

• OnionKeeperOnionKeeper Alum Member
    65 karma

down for this!

• EgmicnogEgmicnog Alum Member
    19 karma

Interested

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma

I'm definitely interested in this! I've been trying to catalog different argument types I've seen cross stimuli to pick up more on trends in how/why certain arguments are more difficult.

• Scott_KisseeScott_Kissee Member
    8 karma

I'm very interested! LR despite all of my studying is still kicking my butt. I'm new to this program but I'm taking the LSAT in June. I would like to get my score up another 10 points but I have to take the June LSAT.

• dfletch5dfletch5 Alum Member
    260 karma

Interested!

• nishanik15nishanik15 Alum Member
    87 karma

Definitely interested! Count me down as a vote for the PT 50s series

• a.ruqaiiaa.ruqaiia Alum Member
    114 karma

Totally interested!

• cm214998cm214998 Alum Member
    190 karma

@Sami Oh absolutely!! This is great!! I've literally been thinking about this a lot lately, whether or not there were universal strategies that would help identify answer choice or argument patterns. Very interested! Thank you very much!

• kvbusbeekvbusbee Member
    99 karma

I'm interested!

• rochelleb180rochelleb180 Alum Member
    53 karma

Hi I'd be interested in the 50's but my second choice is 40's. Thanks

@meemop785 said:
    I am interested in this! How soon will this start?

@vlopez222 said:
    When will this start??

Will probably start in two to three weeks. So keep a lookout in the announcement.

@rochelleb180 said:
    Hi I'd be interested in the 50's but my second choice is 40's. Thanks
    @nmk_1995 said:
    Definitely interested! Count me down as a vote for the PT 50s series

Great : ) . counting your guys' votes.

@Scott_Kissee said:
    I'm very interested! LR despite all of my studying is still kicking my butt. I'm new to this program but I'm taking the LSAT in June. I would like to get my score up another 10 points but I have to take the June LSAT.

LR is definitely tough and has a lot going on. I think a 10 point jump is more realistic for September. Have you thought about that?

• nolchefonolchefo Member
    19 karma

Interested! Count me in the 30s and 39s.

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

I'm interested!

• GrecoRomanGrecoRoman Alum Member
    140 karma

This is a great idea. Sami our hero. <3 Would love this to be in the 50-59 but I guess patterns are patterns so they should show up in the older tests as well, even if they aren't as wordy as the modern versions.

• maithilibagmaithilibag Member
    31 karma

I would also be very interested!

• alyssamcc0593alyssamcc0593 Alum Member
    290 karma

I am definitely very interested!

• annieshafayeannieshafaye Free Trial Member
    9 karma

@Sami said:
    Hey everyone,

I want to get feedback and see if there is an interest out their in studying LR but with a focus on strategies that increase your understanding beyond just that PT and question.

Instead of the traditional method where we are just just blind reviewing and trying to understand the question in front of us, we will be focusing on identifying patterns behind each argument so we can carry what we learned over to other LR stimulus in future PT's.

A lot of speed in LR comes from our ability to quickly spot these patterns that are constantly repeating. These patterns are not about learning question types - the core curriculum does a phenomenal job of that - but more about argument types.

So yeah, let me know what you guys think and if you are interested. : )

Update:
    I am going to let all of you decide what PT series you would like to use to study these patterns.

PT 30-39:
    Pros: These are basically drill materials PT's and are considered ideal for burning in order to study. Even the very beginners can join this.
    Con: These are older PT's and hence a little less relevant than 40 series. We have also seen a lot of these questions as part of our core curriculum.

PT 40-49
    Pros: They are a bit more relevant though I think there is not that much difference as the logic has not changed much from PT 1. I think it's fine to burn these for drills as well since we still have 46 plus fresh PT's left after these.
    Cons: Some people still like to use them as fresh PT's.

PT 50-59:
    I had a private request for this but since I cannot edit the poll if this series is your preference you can just write this down as a comment below and I would count it in the poll.

• annieshafayeannieshafaye Free Trial Member
    9 karma

I am interested. Start date? Taking the Sept 2017 LSAT. Thank you!

• dkim9214dkim9214 Free Trial Member
    11 karma

Very interested!

• MikaAhlecia28MikaAhlecia28 Alum Member
    38 karma

This would be very helpful! Thank you!