Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT and Blind Reviews

maztan13maztan13 Alum Member
edited May 2017 in General 50 karma

Hello everyone,

I am a complete novice to this journey. I recently started visiting law schools and was told a strong LSAT can curb my low undergrad GPA. (I graduated in 2013, my professional experience will be important in my application)

Can someone explain some of the words, abbreviations or acronyms I see related to taking practice tests.

What is a "blind review"? Are there other types of reviews you can do?

I have scheduled my self for my diagnostic test June 3 , any tips? Did you use an app to time yourself during the test? Is it best I I take the test at home? Or in a library to mimic test conditions?

Thank you all in advance!

Comments

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

The blind review is explained here:
    https://7sage.com/the-blind-review-how-to-correctly-prep-for-lsat-part-1/

I would not worry about it too much for the diagnostic. You can use 7sage's proctor app for timing or you can download the audio file here: https://7sage.com/free-lsat-prep-tools/

Just take the test where ever is convenient for you. For the diagnostic, it's not hugely important that you get a precise environment (but do be honest with timing). It's just to figure out a starting point and to track your progress.

Good luck!

• SamiSami Yearly + Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited May 2017 10801 karma

Hey,

Welcome to you LSAT journey. I think you are asking a lot of great questions.Any answer that I might provide to explain what Blind Review is would not be as comprehensive as what is already said in the videos on 7sage curriculum. I have a added a link below for your convenience. It's a series of videos so make sure you click next.

https://7sage.com/lesson/the-blind-review-is-a-habit/

As far as tips for diagnostic goes, the only thing I can tell you is don't let a diagnostic (low or high) determine what you can score if you study well or how much effort you need to put in this. A diagnostic is just a reference point to help you see how far you have come not how far you can go.

After you are done with your diagnostic I would first finish the core curriculum which can take awhile. I would really spend a good amount of time here and finish this before even starting to take any practice tests. Don't burn tests till you are ready to test what you have learned in a systematic manner after the curriculum. Hence, you would not need to blind review a PT till much later because you shouldn't be taking practice tests till after you are done studying.

I hope this helps. Good luck. Definitely keep us updated and feel free to ask any questions. <3

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@nzamora13 said:

Hello everyone,

I am a complete novice to this journey. I recently started visiting law schools and was told a strong LSAT can curb my low undergrad GPA. (I graduated in 2013, my professional experience will be important in my application)

Can someone explain some of the words, abbreviations or acronyms I see related to taking practice tests.

What is a "blind review"? Are there other types of reviews you can do?

I have scheduled my self for my diagnostic test June 3 , any tips? Did you use an app to time yourself during the test? Is it best I I take the test at home? Or in a library to mimic test conditions?

Thank you all in advance!

Yes, a high LSAT can offset a lower GPA! So aim high!

Definitely write your diagnostic under strictly timed conditions. Use the 7Sage Proctor App:

I wouldn't take it in a library or some place to noisy to mimic conditions. The purpose a diagnostic test is to see where you're starting at. No need to add in variables like noise and uncessary distractions just yet. (although when you get to the PT phase of your prep, I recommending using the 7Sage proctor app's noise feature as well as taking in public places)

Check out these links to all the prep test tools you'll need: https://7sage.com/free-lsat-prep-tools/

You'll get access to the free diagnostic test June 2007 which is a great diagnostic PT to take. There are also bubble sheet available which you should use to simulate testing conditions.

Most importantly, be honest with yourself. Which mean no breaks except the 15 minutes after section 3. Circle any questions you don't get to.

Here is all you need to know on Blind Review: https://7sage.com/the-blind-review-how-to-correctly-prep-for-lsat-part-1/

If there is anymore LSAT-related jargon you don't know yet, let me know, and I'll be more happy to explain. After all, there is quite a lot of them :)

• maztan13maztan13 Alum Member
    50 karma

Wow you three are awesome. Thank you so much!! I didn't even realize the app had those features.

Well, I'll come back when I get stuck on something.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

@nzamora13 said:
    Wow you three are awesome. Thank you so much!! I didn't even realize the app had those features.

Well, I'll come back when I get stuck on something.

We're always here to help!

50 karma

@Sami Hi Sami, now that I have taken a diagnostic test, you suggested I take the core curriculum. I just want to confirm I have to pay for one of the courses to be able to use this.

Sorry still a noob to all this.

Thank you! :)

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Yes, you need to pay for a course to gain access to the Core Curriculum:
    https://7sage.com/enroll/

edited June 2017 50 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" Thank you! I will go and do that!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@maztan13 said:

Best investment of your life! :) Welcome !!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9382 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@maztan13 said:

I truly believe so too! I want to be able to donate to 7Sage someday instead of donating to my college alma mater....

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@akistotle said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@maztan13 said:

I truly believe so too! I want to be able to donate to 7Sage someday instead of donating to my college alma mater....

Dude, if I can get my goal score (177) I would absolute consider donating. Screw my Alma mater anyway. LOL 7Sage was a much better bargain. lol