Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR Consistency

was12345was12345 Alum Member
edited August 2014 in Logical Reasoning 11 karma
I have taken 6 practice tests now and on each practice test I do really horrible on the 1st of the two LR sections, I get like 15 wrong. But on the 2nd LR section I only get 5, 6 or 7 wrong. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Comments

• dbuurmasjsudbuurmasjsu Free Trial Member
    4 karma
    I'd suggest looking back at the problems you got wrong and see if there are any connections. Maybe there are particular types of questions you are consistently getting wrong; mark these down as your weaknesses. Go back to your study material and review the process for solving these types of questions. Are there key points you're missing? Are you making simple mistakes? Reevaluate how to approach these and maybe you'll start to see some improvement.
  • superfuntimessuperfuntimes Alum Member
    edited August 2014 20 karma
    @wstanto12 I agree with @dbuurmasjsu - with an addition. I was having the same problem. After reviewing my tests, I noticed I missed a few on the first section at the beginning. I realized I wasn't warmed up. I've started doing the first 10 questions in 10 minutes from an untouched LR section to warm-up before any PT, then taking the PT, and my score has improved significantly. Now only missing 3-5 on each LR section. I plan to do this before the actual test too.
  • ssavaresessavarese Alum Member
    5 karma
    Exact same problem here. I completely agree in that it's a matter of warming up...HOWEVER, I still do very well on RC even if that's section one so I'm still a little in the dark myself.
  • was12345was12345 Alum Member
    11 karma
    Thanks everyone I followed your advice. @ssavarese same with me. If LG or RC are first there are no discrepancies thats what was bothering me. @dbuurmasjsu I reviewed the questions I was worse at and it helped reducing the number wrong in both sections but I just finished PT 42 and had a difference of 5 (which is lower then before) So I will review everything again but try to take @superfuntimes advice into consideration and do a little LR prep before a PT