Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it just me OR....?

mrodgers209mrodgers209 Member
in General 114 karma

Are the old exams like the ones in the years of the 90's worded oddly? Because it's really hard for me to decipher what they are saying on many of the Lr problems and the games verbiage....don't even get me started!

Comments

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2017 4141 karma

Loll yeah if you are used to the more recent tests the phrasing is quite odd in the older PTs. It's not just you. You can tell when you across some older questions.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@mrodgers209 Maybe post some example question? Hard to know what specifically you mean by worded oddly. Many questions the wording is deliberately tricky and/or intentionally convoluted to force you to think.

• mrodgers209mrodgers209 Member
    114 karma

@"nessa.k13.0" I'm glad to know that I am not the only person who thinks that. In fact going over one of the games explained by JY he said the games were weird lol! Now that I definitely must agree on!

114 karma

@tylerdschreur10 when I say worded oddly I mean worded in a way that is very difficult to understand the meaning as to what they are saying. If you look at any of the exams from 1- 10 and compare those to the tests of recent....you can tell the difference in the verbiage and how it's is used. Maybe it's the millennial in me lol

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

Yeah, there's a lot of weird stuff in some of the older ones. I love some of the tech questions talking about "the internet" and "voicemail" and all these strange new things. Pretty funny. Don't sweat these ones too much. If JY says it's weird, then it's probably not something you have to worry about on a contemporary test.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

No, its not you. Some weird stuff in there most likely before we were born. Sometimes it makes me laugh....

114 karma

Lmao!!!! Yes it definitely makes me laugh! The fact that I wasn't even a toddler when some of these exams were made is hilarious! @"Alex Divine"

114 karma

Ok great! Thanks! @"Cant Get Right"