Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wrong Logical Reasoning Questions

goodbhaviourgoodbhaviour Free Trial Member

Hey 7Sagers,

While going through my tests, I have noticed that there is not a particular question/questions I get wrong on LR, which is a bit odd to me. For example, sometimes I will get NA, MBT, Resolve the Paradox questions wrong, and on another section it will be Sufficient Assumption, Weaken, and Evaluate. I am not sure if I am missing these due to rushing, or what another reason could be (since I get questions of the same type right in the section also), so I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me... or how I could possibly improve this :S

Happy Studying!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@goodbhaviour said:
    Hey 7Sagers,

While going through my tests, I have noticed that there is not a particular question/questions I get wrong on LR, which is a bit odd to me. For example, sometimes I will get NA, MBT, Resolve the Paradox questions wrong, and on another section it will be Sufficient Assumption, Weaken, and Evaluate. I am not sure if I am missing these due to rushing, or what another reason could be (since I get questions of the same type right in the section also), so I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me... or how I could possibly improve this :S

Happy Studying!

Hi there --

This is a very common issue I have seen on different LSAT forums. The thing is, the reason we sometimes miss questions, isn't because it is a particular type. It very well might be because we have issues with a skill we are lacking that are effecting our ability to reason those other types of Qs correctly. For example, for a long time, I had a very lose understanding of the idea of support/strength in arguments. This would cause me to actually be able to get most easy Strengthen and Weaken questions right, but I'd be missing NA and SA and all plethora of other questions where this skill was important. It all seemed quite random, too. Eventually one day it clicked and I realized I needed to work on identifying the argument core and really understanding how the premises support the conclusion.

Not saying what this is, but maybe it will help :)