Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Memory method for comparative passages question

vandyzachvandyzach Free Trial Member
edited August 2014 in Reading Comprehension 358 karma
I have a question about the memory method.

I have arrived at PT 52 and now have comparative passages on my PTs.

I know the memory method suggests pausing after each paragraph to absorb and rethink about what you just read, and then run through each paragraph again once you finish reading the passages before you start the questions.

But what about the comparative passages? After I read passage A, should I run through passage A paragraph by paragraph before reading passage B? Or should I read passage A, then read passage B, and then remind myself of the paragraph contents of both passage A and passage B? Which does the memory method suggest I do?

Comments

• chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    Thats a good question... I have never really thought about it and would always just wait to the end...I am also interested in the answer to this question. I am going to try and do after each passage, as it makes more sense lol (don't know why I didnt think of that before). After reading passage A, it will be easier to remember what each paragraph was talking about/its role to the passage as a whole, before reading passage B, since you might get some of the info mixed up.

Good CALL!
  • xunianyixunianyi Alum Member
    40 karma
    It might be easier to pause at the end of passage A for an overall recap.
    Paragraph recap->Passage A recap->Paragraph recap->Passage B recap
    and finally
    Passage A vs B comparative recap.
    More training would make this process faster than it looks. because both paragraphs are only half in size.
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    I do what xunianyi does.
  • vandyzachvandyzach Free Trial Member
    358 karma
    Thanks so much for the input. I am going to try xuianyi's method and see how it goes. It seems really intuitive.