Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else think the RC wasn't that bad?

kazrahkazrah Alum Member
in June 2017 LSAT 158 karma

I just took the June test today and it seems that the general consensus online is that the RC was incredibly difficult.

For context, RC is usually my worst section, with me going about -6 each time, and LR is my best, where I usually finish with 5+ min remaining per section. I've been studying for years and only sometimes break the 170 wall on PTs.

My issue is that on this test I found the RC surprisingly doable; I clicked with each passage and felt that I fully understood the theme, structure, author's intent, etc. for each passage.

However, I feel that I got bent over and shafted on all 3 LR sections (I had exp. LR) and ran out of time and had to guess at least one question as a result on each section.

To my surprise, everyone on the reddit thread seems to be upset over the RC, with some saying it was the most difficult one they've ever encountered, and are pretty "meh" about the LR. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here feeling pretty confident about the RC but every now and then I have to wipe away the tears gently dripping onto my desk from remembering the LR.

Anyone else in the same boat? I'm starting to feel that maybe I didn't do as well on RC as I thought I did :<

Comments

• Lilhannah1345Lilhannah1345 Alum Member
    71 karma

COMPLETELY agree with all of this. I also had an experimental LR and I thought the three of them were very difficult, but I thought maybe there was something wrong with me because I too struggle with RC and got through it with time to spare. That one passage about the psychologists and children was a bit tricky but the judges/jazz and the other one were doable in my opinion.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

The degree of difference people are attributing the difficulty level on the recent RC between here, reddit, and TLS just goes to show you that there's never just one "right" answer when it comes to LSAT stuff.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
This discussion has been closed.