Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any tips to approach MISC Logic Games

miguel6zavalamiguel6zavala Alum Member
edited August 2014 in General 71 karma
Will practicing the other Games aid in doing well in those random MISC Logic Games? Is there a technique to approaching them? I think it is the initial shock factor that stumps me.

Comments

• Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    edited August 2014 6866 karma
    Don't beat yourself. That's it.

Stay calm (meaning do whatever it takes to get rid of the "shock factor" before you even think about attempting anything, no matter how long it takes), make sure you understand the rules, diagram as best you can, and think about the general task they are asking you to do (is it sequencing or grouping?). It's okay to take a second stab at a diagram if your first attempt results in an unusable mess.

Most of the games that people initially consider to be strange aren't actually very tough - for example, I think PT72 LG4 is the latest in a line of easy games from recent tests that get way too much credit for what they are just because they're not immediately recognizable. It's just that if you don't invest time up front in these guys you will pay for it even more than usual due to lack of familiarity.
  • CFC152436CFC152436 Alum Member
    284 karma
    Jonathan's advice (as usual) is golden. The difficulty in these games emerge from the "shock factor" and from the unusual verbosity in the question stem. Invest time up front, parse out what the hell the stimulus is talking about, and use your intuition / prior experience to come up with the best diagram possible. Chances are if you're already good at doing the normal logic games that you'll be able to get past a misc. one without too much trouble.