Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Erasing on LG section? Question about Strategy

vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
in Logic Games 1084 karma

So I'm aware that the standard on 7sage for LG sections is that you should never erase and that you should always re-write out your game board for each question as needed in a set. I understand the argument for this and it is totally practical for easy sequencing games with minimal time involved in re-drawing game boards. But I highly question this strategy when it comes to more complex game boards, especially when you have say 4 different split game boards for the question. To re-write out 4 game boards fresh for every question in the set seems like a waste of time in these cases, especially when you have really involved game boards with sub-categories and everything.

As a result, I've found myself doing a lot of erasing. I tend to write in very lightly to the original board and then I can erase it easily for the next question. I'm wondering what others do with this?

I realize there is something lost in erasing in that when you write out the game boards fresh each time sometimes you can have inferences saved on different questions that can help you in later ones. But I'm not yet convinced the trade off in time lost is worth it.

Comments

• fmihalic2fmihalic2 Free Trial Member
    266 karma

Hi Vanessa,

I actually follow a similar strategy. I read the rules, make a diagram that is usually in accordance with what JY made, but sometimes it's completely different. I take about 3 minutes and diagram, memorize the rules and hammer out inferences / split game boards. When I get additional premises I actually never draw out a new game board. I know it works for most but I just don't love it

• fmihalic2fmihalic2 Free Trial Member
    266 karma

When I do encounter the additional premises I'm able to accelerate through and almost almost finish on time. I'm always in that range and I rarely get a question wrong. If I get an all-time difficult game maybe a question or two. That's about it.

If your more comfortable with another method just master it. The only thing that matters is that you can get the answers right consistently and have complete control.

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    1084 karma

fmihalic2

Thanks! Good to hear I'm not the only one.
    I wondered if I might be missing out on something by taking the strategy I have with erasing, but yeah it seems to be working for me, so, as you point out, just master whatever strategy works is probably the best approach

• theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma
  • vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    1084 karma

lolz :)

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited June 2017 3072 karma

I erase frequently when I have multiple universes and have already exhausted a large portion of the game. Erasing isn't always appropriate but sometimes it's optimal; the trick is knowing the difference.