Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What can you do note taking wise when the instructor is are going over diagnostic test questions?

SeekingTruthSeekingTruth Alum Member
in General 8 karma

I'm watching all of the videos on how to break down each question on the 2007 diagnostic. What are some things I should take note of, or what did you guys do to get the most out of the explanations? I feel like I'm seeing how the question is being broken down/ how the right answer is being found.

Comments

• spitzy11spitzy11 Alum Member
    772 karma

Are you using this after you BR'ed the diagnostic and provided analyses for each answer choice? I know in my experience it is not that helpful to go right into the video after just doing the questions. I need to BR them. It's easy to say "Oh yeah I knew that" without truly grasping the fundamental aspect and issue concerning why I actually got the answer wrong and identifying the lapse in my judgement or understanding.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma

@spitzy11 said:
    Are you using this after you BR'ed the diagnostic and provided analyses for each answer choice? I know in my experience it is not that helpful to go right into the video after just doing the questions. I need to BR them. It's easy to say "Oh yeah I knew that" without truly grasping the fundamental aspect and issue concerning why I actually got the answer wrong and identifying the lapse in my judgement or understanding.

This. The video explanations should be used only after you've exhausted your own knowledge and abilities. Then, take special note of whatever was necessary or helpful in answering the question that you lacked. Then, study that in order to fill in the gap.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@IAmhaHAA said:
    I'm watching all of the videos on how to break down each question on the 2007 diagnostic. What are some things I should take note of, or what did you guys do to get the most out of the explanations? I feel like I'm seeing how the question is being broken down/ how the right answer is being found.

Assuming this was your diagnostic test (first PT ever before going through the curriculum) I think taking notes of whatever you find helpful at this point makes sense.

I was able to us the explanations much differently once I had some knowledge of my own.

The main thing is you want to make sure you blind review any questions first before using the video explanations. As @spitzy11 says, it's very easy to trick ourselves into thinking we knew something if we watch the videos too soon.

Personally, I usually will note why I got the question wrong and depending on that jot something down regarding a solution. I really try to deduce a rule and force myself to figure out something that is going to ensure I don't make the same mistake again. Something it is a small paragraph and other times half a page.