Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MBT Questions

TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member

Am I understanding MBT true right?

Conditional Statements and their Contrapositives are the only things that can be proven as Must Be True. These are in the notes that I made...and I just want to confirm that I understood the lesson properly.

So, when I'm looking at the answer choices...I'm only looking for conditional logic answers?

Comments

• Zachary_PZachary_P Member
    edited June 2017 659 karma

Not quite. Rarely, a MBT question will simply ask us to restate something that's given in the stimulus, whether as a conditional statement or as its contrapositive. Most of the time, however, we'll be asked to make an inference to support the AC that "must be true" if we assume the truth of the premises. This is where a mastery of conditional logic comes into play. I suggest you review the valid and invalid argument forms of the CC and then practice using these flashcards:

https://7sage.com/lesson/distinguish-valid-from-invalid-forms-flashcards/

In short, the answer will not always be a conditional statement. Sometimes the answer will be conditional in nature (including contrapositives), sometimes they'll use "some" statements (but know the other words that the LSAT uses to convey "some"), and sometimes it'll just be a given element of an argument (e.g. A > B, A /therefore, B ).