Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is your daily study schedule ?

rugangelrugangel Alum Member

Hi guys,

What is your opinion on the optimal daily study schedule from now until the September LSAT? How many LR, RC, and LG sections per day and how many prep tests per week? Of course, review of the sections should be added into the daily schedule as well.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Martin.jul" said:
    Hi guys,

What is your opinion on the optimal daily study schedule from now until the September LSAT? How many LR, RC, and LG sections per day and how many prep tests per week? Of course, review of the sections should be added into the daily schedule as well.

I wish there was a silver bullet answer I could give you, but like many other things on the LSAT, it all depends on you, your strengths, and your weaknesses.

Where are you with regards to the test? Have you gone through the CC? What are you currently scoring if you've taken any PTs? What score are you aiming for?

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Like @"Alex Divine" said, I think it depends on each specific person. On the 7Sage syllabus it suggests to study no less than 8 hours a week. So that may be a good threshold to start. Although, if you're aiming for September, 8 hours a week may not be enough for anyone.

• rugangelrugangel Alum Member
    56 karma

Hi guys,

I am indeed aiming for the September test. Right now, I am only finishing the first three games and first three RC sections. I usually don't miss any on games on those 3 sections I complete, I need to build speed to finish the last game though. If I miss something it would be just one. On the three RC sections I get through I don't miss many either. Maybe 1-2. On the LR, I usually finish the q's just in time an average of four to five wrong. This is all under timed conditions, with more time of course I am more accurate.

I took at PT recently and got a 162. By September I am aiming for a 167. Given the time I have left and where I am at now, what would be your guidance on a good study routine in terms of hours, drills, and tests?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Martin.jul" said:
    Hi guys,

I am indeed aiming for the September test. Right now, I am only finishing the first three games and first three RC sections. I usually don't miss any on games on those 3 sections I complete, I need to build speed to finish the last game though. If I miss something it would be just one. On the three RC sections I get through I don't miss many either. Maybe 1-2. On the LR, I usually finish the q's just in time an average of four to five wrong. This is all under timed conditions, with more time of course I am more accurate.

I took at PT recently and got a 162. By September I am aiming for a 167. Given the time I have left and where I am at now, what would be your guidance on a good study routine in terms of hours, drills, and tests?

If you got a 162 on a PT that's incredibly good. I found getting over the 165 hump was pretty difficult, but may certainly be doable by September depending on how much time you can dedicate to prep.

If you aren't consistently scoring -0 on games, consider fool proofing all the games from PTs 1-35. This was without a doubt the best thing I did for my score. It is true that almost anyone can get games down to -0 with enough practice. And trust me, I was completely hopeless when it came to games before I did that. This will help you with speed and ensure you have time to get to that 4th game. That will be a handful of points right there!

For now, I would recommend going slowly and deliberately through the core curriculum and begin fool proofing those games.

What is your blind review score?