Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keeping track of LR Drilling

jack.igoejack.igoe Member
in General 544 karma

Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is coping while you wait for your scores! I had a quick question regarding how you guys keep track of your LR drilling. I am in the process of fool proofing PT's 1-35 and decided (with the help of @Freddy_D and @"Alex Divine") to work in some LR in order to stay sharp. I decided to just use the LR sections from whatever PT I was fool proofing that day in order to keep it simple. As of right now, that's PT12.

My question to you is: how do you keep track of your LR performance? I think that I will only do one of the two LR sections in order to free up some time to work through the Trainer but I am curious as to what your methods are for going through LR.

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jackigoe said:
    Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is coping while you wait for your scores! I had a quick question regarding how you guys keep track of your LR drilling. I am in the process of fool proofing PT's 1-35 and decided (with the help of @Freddy_D and @"Alex Divine") to work in some LR in order to stay sharp. I decided to just use the LR sections from whatever PT I was fool proofing that day in order to keep it simple. As of right now, that's PT12.

My question to you is: how do you keep track of your LR performance? I think that I will only do one of the two LR sections in order to free up some time to work through the Trainer but I am curious as to what your methods are for going through LR.

Thanks everyone!

I just use an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of scores, missed questions, and their types.

I also used the Trainer and Mike Kim has some free printouts to keep track of your progress while going through the Trainer.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Core Member
    2983 karma

I keep track of all of my drills using a large whiteboard that I have above my desk. I have it divided into sections to help me keep track of the date I took it, the time it took, how many I missed, as well as a "repeat date" (similar to fool proofing LG)

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

@Freddy_D said:
    I keep track of all of my drills using a large whiteboard that I have above my desk. I have it divided into sections to help me keep track of the date I took it, the time it took, how many I missed, as well as a "repeat date" (similar to fool proofing LG)

That's interesting! Do you find that retaking LR sections helps? Also, how much time do you take between LR sections?

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Core Member
    2983 karma

@jackigoe said:

@Freddy_D said:

That's interesting! Do you find that retaking LR sections helps? Also, how much time do you take between LR sections?

I'm still in the beginning phases of my prep, so, I haven't done any sections yet. I am planning on starting individual sections in July. To be honest, I fool proof EVERYTHING. I assemble a daily drill packet of about 30-50 LR questions from the problem sets. If I find myself missing certain questions in LR in the packet, then I will repeat them the next day, and then I'll repeat them once more in a week. It's not about getting the correct answer, instead, it has helped me to understand the questions on a deeper level. I often notice something that I previously missed during my initial take and this makes the questions, and questions like it, easier to tackle in the future.

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

@Freddy_D said:

It's not about getting the correct answer, instead, it has helped me to understand the questions on a deeper level. I often notice something that I previously missed during my initial take and this makes the questions, and questions like it, easier to tackle in the future.

This is so important. The key to LR is to analyze questions in as much detail and depth as possible.