Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT Schedule for December 2 Test

nicholasthomas127nicholasthomas127 Alum Member
in General 458 karma

Good morning 7Sage community! I originally planned to take the September 16 test this year, but after careful consideration, I have decided to push it back to the December 2 test. That being said, where I am currently at in my studies is that I have finished the CC, fool-proofed LG 1-35, and am currently on the PT phase.

My reasoning for pushing back the exam is due to a few reasons: 1) I was out of the country for two weeks at the beginning of June where I did not look at any LSAT material and will be out of the country again in early August for about a week and I don't anticipate myself looking at LSAT stuff, 2) as of writing this post, the September test is a little under 12 weeks away which I don't believe is enough time to get myself in the score range I want, and 3) I started a new job (as a legal assistant!!) which is exceptionally demanding often making me work overtime making doing full PTs after work not really possible.

The December test is a little under 23 weeks away which I believe is ample time to PT and BR enough to where I feel comfortable and confident sitting for for the test. I have already taken PT 36, BR it, and reviewed weak spots. My question is what would you all recommend for a PT schedule. Realistically, I plan on doing one PT a week to start and seeing if I will have time to add a second as long as I can properly BR it. I've seen on another post that doing every other PT or so is a good idea so I don't burn through them all in case of a retake. I'd love to hear your guys thoughts on this so any advice would be much appreciated!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@nicholasthomas127 said:
    Good morning 7Sage community! I originally planned to take the September 16 test this year, but after careful consideration, I have decided to push it back to the December 2 test. That being said, where I am currently at in my studies is that I have finished the CC, fool-proofed LG 1-35, and am currently on the PT phase.

My reasoning for pushing back the exam is due to a few reasons: 1) I was out of the country for two weeks at the beginning of June where I did not look at any LSAT material and will be out of the country again in early August for about a week and I don't anticipate myself looking at LSAT stuff, 2) as of writing this post, the September test is a little under 12 weeks away which I don't believe is enough time to get myself in the score range I want, and 3) I started a new job (as a legal assistant!!) which is exceptionally demanding often making me work overtime making doing full PTs after work not really possible.

The December test is a little under 23 weeks away which I believe is ample time to PT and BR enough to where I feel comfortable and confident sitting for for the test. I have already taken PT 36, BR it, and reviewed weak spots. My question is what would you all recommend for a PT schedule. Realistically, I plan on doing one PT a week to start and seeing if I will have time to add a second as long as I can properly BR it. I've seen on another post that doing every other PT or so is a good idea so I don't burn through them all in case of a retake. I'd love to hear your guys thoughts on this so any advice would be much appreciated!

I think aiming to do 1-2 a week sounds like a good idea so long as you give yourself the proper amount of time to BR and address the weaknesses the PT reveals. Some weeks you may find that after one PT you need the rest of the week, or longer, to return to the CC and drill where you know you need improvement. Don't become prisoner to an arbitrary schedule.

Before you sit for the test just make sure you do a good amount of the recent tests.