Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forum suggestion: Fewer posts per page

LSAT Is ComingLSAT Is Coming Alum Member
edited June 2017 in Technical Problems 530 karma

This is clearly not a technical problem -- I didn't know what category would be best :D

Very small and perhaps ridiculous suggestion: in my opinion, forums are way more easily navigated when the number of posts per page is limited. I feel like 10-15 posts per page makes it so much easier to find certain comments / scroll to read new ones. Am I crazy?? I might be crazy.

Also I'll add a technical problem -- is anyone else unable to attach polls? When I hit "Attach Poll" I get the edit screen but literally no option to put a poll anywhere.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

If you ask me we need a feature so I can have JY's voice in an ear piece giving me the answers as I take the test. Kinda like that episode of Spongebob when he cheats on his boating test by having Patrick give him all the answers.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@"LSAT Is Coming" said:
    in my opinion, forums are way more easily navigated when the number of posts per page is limited. I feel like 10-15 posts per page makes it so much easier to find certain comments / scroll to read new ones.

Hmm, I like the set up we have now personally. The forums are pretty busy, I often come back after a day and the comments are on the second page from just the day before. Having any fewer posts per page would just make that longer.

Also I'll add a technical problem -- is anyone else unable to attach polls? When I hit "Attach Poll" I get the edit screen but literally no option to put a poll anywhere.

https://content.screencast.com/users/spaceursa/folders/Snagit/media/13aaa1e4-4648-4b98-93ee-34ac105c41ca/06.29.2017-14.39.png

• Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3075 karma

@"LSAT Is Coming" The polls option was in testing phase, so it wasn't supposed to be normally accessible except for admins. But it was showing up for everyone when they edit a discussion, sorry!

Since it seems to be working okay, I made it available to everyone. The feature is kinda clunkly and not that easy to use though. So be warned!

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma

I think fewer posts per page would be annoying especially on the mobile app. It's easy to scroll down and read the forum how it now imo.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"nessa.k13.0" said:
    I think fewer posts per page would be annoying especially on the mobile app. It's easy to scroll down and read the forum how it now imo.

Yeah, on mobile it would be a nuance to have to switch and re-load pages as often.

4141 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@"nessa.k13.0" said:

Yeah, on mobile it would be a nuance to have to switch and re-load pages as often.

Yeah exactly!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"nessa.k13.0" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@"nessa.k13.0" said:

Yeah exactly!

Oops I meant nuisance not nuance lmao. But yeah, on mobile it would be a nightmare haha

4141 karma

lol I assumed that's what you meant