edited September 2019 in General 32 karma

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Taxlaw127 said:
    Hello, Everyone! I just took my first diagnostic, and I am wondering should I only BR the LR or should I also BR the games/RC? I have no clue whats really going on with the games, so I think the BR would be rather pointless. But for the RC, I think it could provide some benefit. Would love some input. Thanks!

I think if you sit and really try to figure out how to brute force some of the questions on LG, you may make some small breakthroughs. I wouldn't sweat it too much due to it being your first diagnostic.

Definitely go through each circled questioned untimed and spend as much energy and time as you need to break down each argument and see if you can find an answer that you can explain why it is the correct one.

There's always benefit when it comes to BR.

Afterwards, watch JY's explanations and take whatever notes you find helpful.

Honestly, before you complete most of the CC it will be much more challenging to BR due to the fact you still have lots to learn. However, don't let that encourage you. A big goal of taking a diagnostic test is to see where you're at as well as to sort of see how the test works and what skills you'll need going forward.

• 32 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Taxlaw127 said:
    Hello, Everyone! I just took my first diagnostic, and I am wondering should I only BR the LR or should I also BR the games/RC? I have no clue whats really going on with the games, so I think the BR would be rather pointless. But for the RC, I think it could provide some benefit. Would love some input. Thanks!

I think if you sit and really try to figure out how to brute force some of the questions on LG, you may make some small breakthroughs. I wouldn't sweat it too much due to it being your first diagnostic.

Definitely go through each circled questioned untimed and spend as much energy and time as you need to break down each argument and see if you can find an answer that you can explain why it is the correct one.

Honestly, before you complete most of the CC it will be much more challenging to BR due to the fact you still have lots to learn. However, don't let that encourage you. A big goal of taking a diagnostic test is to see where you're at as well as to sort of see how the test works and what skills you'll need going forward.

Thanks so much! I just finished BR and went from a 151 to a 160 after the BR. I am going to watch all of the explanations from JY. The games I did not BR because I have no idea how to diagram or approach the games. I will wait until the CC is over to BR games.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Taxlaw127 said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Taxlaw127 said:

Thanks so much! I just finished BR and went from a 151 to a 160 after the BR. I am going to watch all of the explanations from JY. The games I did not BR because I have no idea how to diagram or approach the games. I will wait until the CC is over to BR games.

NICE! +9 on your first BR is beyond amazing... Just remember, if you can BR to a 160 that means the skills are within you and you just need to keep working on cultivating and improving them. Congrats!

You don't necessarily have to finish the entire CC to be able to blind review games, but since you get done with the LG lessons, it will be a lot more productive.

• 32 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Taxlaw127 said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Taxlaw127 said:

NICE! +9 on your first BR is beyond amazing... Just remember, if you can BR to a 160 that means the skills are within you and you just need to keep working on cultivating and improving them. Congrats!

You don't necessarily have to finish the entire CC to be able to blind review games, but since you get done with the LG lessons, it will be a lot more productive.

I think I am going to just watch JY. The game with the Cruise ship stumped me (-5). My sections after the BR were: -9 games, -2 LR, -4 LR, -7 RC. I think if I can bring my game score up, which I believe can happen with practice, i can hit mid-160s rather quickly! JY is incredible. I am referring this site to every aspiring lawyer I know.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Taxlaw127 said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Taxlaw127 said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Taxlaw127 said:

I think I am going to just watch JY. The game with the Cruise ship stumped me (-5). My sections after the BR were: -9 games, -2 LR, -4 LR, -7 RC. I think if I can bring my game score up, which I believe can happen with practice, i can hit mid-160s rather quickly! JY is incredible. I am referring this site to every aspiring lawyer I know.

:) You are truly on the right path here ! Good luck with your studies