Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Creating the lsat

chase62442chase62442 Alum Member
edited August 2014 in General 79 karma
Do you guys ever wonder about the people writing the lsat? My image of them is that they sit around a big wooden table and think and every once in awhile someone will say, "Hey, get a load of this one," and they laugh and say, "Yeah, that'll throw 'em, let's do it."

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    They make the illuminati look innocent.
  • vandyzachvandyzach Free Trial Member
    358 karma
    LSAT Blog did multiple interviews with a former test writer. They were pretty informative and I enjoyed reading them.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Haha speaking of which, I'm beginning to see LSAT questions in everything including Facebook exchanges on status updates - for example:

Sean: "Towers and temples are the luxury of princes. A simple and independent mind does not toil at the bidding of any prince. Genius is not a retainer to any emperor, nor is its material silver, or gold, or marble, except to a trifling extent" - Henry David Thoreau

Nilesh: It depends... case in question the Italian renaissance artists... All that artwork was indeed done on something resembling retainer basis... wouldn't have had Michelangelo's Moses, David or the Sistine chapel - final judgement if it wasn't for the funding provided by Christian guilds or the Vatican... Thoreau is mistaken on this point... an over generalization... genius needs patrons...

Sean: I would counter you to say that you need to see Thoreau in the context of the American Transcendentalist movement. The idea of genius embodied in the skillful mind of an individual would have resonated with a revolutionary country still navigating what its identity was.

Nilesh: Wow this is turning out to be the stimulus of an LSAT question... point-of-agreement/ disagreement :D
  • chase62442chase62442 Alum Member
    79 karma
    Oh my god Nilesh those read exactly like LR questions. and Vandyzach, thanks, I'll look that up it sounds interesting.