Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR Diagram Space Advice

bklsat05bklsat05 Member

Hi all,

I have been diagramming with all practice q but soon will begin PT. On my first LSAT I didn't diagram a single question(yes I bombed) but mostly due to nerves and space.

My current diagram takes a pg per q and I'm trying to get better but does anyone have any advice or techniques?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited July 2017 23929 karma

@bklsat05 said:
    Hi all,

I have been diagramming with all practice q but soon will begin PT. On my first LSAT I didn't diagram a single question(yes I bombed) but mostly due to nerves and space.

My current diagram takes a pg per q and I'm trying to get better but does anyone have any advice or techniques?

This is for diagramming LR questions?

Well, hopefully with some more practice, on real tests you will hardly ever diagram an LR question. It is just too time consuming of a practice. Perhaps when I run into a pesky Parallel Flaw question or a convoluted question involving tons of conditional logic I may. but that is also very rare.

I think one of the best pieces of advice that goes for LR and LG alike is to write small and neat. It takes some getting used to, but writing neat and small helps you to stay organized while ensuring you have enough space should you need to cross out and re-diagram something.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27878 karma

That's a lot of diagramming, so you'll definitely need to figure out how to be more concise. You're going to find that more than space, time will be an enormous issue. So before you even PT, that's something you can go ahead and start addressing.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@bklsat05 said:
    Hi all,

A page per question? Sounds like you need to make your writing much smaller. This is something that takes practice, just as the LSAT does.

I found that as I became more confident in my technique (for both LR and LG), the size of my writing shrunk significantly.

• bklsat05bklsat05 Member
    177 karma

Thanks everyone for feedback!

Yes this is LR, and it makes sense to hardly diagram on the exam. It just goes so quickly I was generally asking if you diagram LR on the actual exam.