Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for grouping and sequencing games with subcategories

Grey WardenGrey Warden Alum Member
edited July 2017 in Logic Games 813 karma

Hey all, could anyone please help with finding grouping games wherein there are subcategories BUT we are not given which game piece belongs to which category and we are also not given the number of game pieces to be alloted to each group. For example - 3 groups - A, B and C, 7 game pieces, sub categories scientists and philosophers, atleast 2 scientists are there and maximum 3 people in group A, something of this sort.

I have been able to find grouping games with sub categories but the games do give which game piece falls in which category.

Similarly sequencing games with sub categories in which the game pieces are undefined with respect to their categories AND not all game pieces are to be sequenced, some are left out so there is a little subsidiary in out game going on as well.

Comments

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited July 2017 3072 karma

Cambridge LSAT LG packets classify grouping games in this way. I'm not a 7sager but apparently they concocted their own version of LG packets recently. Those may work.

I have copies of the original packets, though, if that doesn't work.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Ultimate+ has what @goingfor99th is talking about :)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Ultimate+ has what @goingfor99th is talking about :)

Yeah, I have all the Cambridge Packets and definitely prefer the 7Sage bundles better.

edited July 2017 3072 karma

I wish I found 7Sage early on. I'd have spent my money on that instead of a Powerscore course. :(

Still, very thankful for Powerscore. It led me to my tutor. :)

3072 karma

Does 7Sage sort LG post-PT38 by type?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@goingfor99th said:
    I wish I had found 7Sage early on. I'd have spent my money on that instead of on a Powerscore course. :(

Powerscore isn't bad at all. Especially if you get a good tutor or instructor. It's just that 7Sage is the best because JY is a pedagogical god amongst men. And it is also priced better than any course our there and gives you all you need. The Bibles aren't bad by any means though, at least in my opinion.

3072 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@goingfor99th said:
    I wish I had found 7Sage early on. I'd have spent my money on that instead of on a Powerscore course. :(

Powerscore isn't bad at all. Especially if you get a good tutor or instructor. It's just that 7Sage is the best because JY is a pedagogical god amongst men. And it is also priced better than any course our there and gives you all you need. The Bibles aren't bad by any means though, at least in my opinion.

Yeah, I agree about Powerscore. 7Sage is more comprehensive, though, and it has a far better/more active community. These discussion forums alone deserve a lot of the credit for the confidence I had walking into my June exam.

• JesusLovesUJesusLovesU Alum Member
    46 karma

hey when are you taking the lsat ?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@JesusLovesU said:
    hey when are you taking the lsat ?

Me?

• Grey WardenGrey Warden Alum Member
    edited July 2017 813 karma

Thank you for response guys, @"Alex Divine" I don't have the ultimate plus packet, but I do have Cambridge LG packets in which the games from pt 1-38 have been categorised, although I could not find the kind of grouping games I was looking to practice in them. Should I upgrade to Ultimate plus for just the game packet? I am a little worried about practising such games cause they appeared in the LSAT administered in Asia and I felt that I was not exposed to such games before, they felt much harder. I saved some PTs from the 60s and 70s though in case I have to retake so not sure if in those tests there were such grouping games. Just looking for some really hard grouping and sequencing games with sub categories undefined with respect to game pieces along with uncertain number of games pieces in each group.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Grey Warden" said:
    Thank you for response guys, @"Alex Divine" I don't have the ultimate plus packet, but I do have Cambridge LG packets in which the games from pt 1-38 have been categorised, although I could not find the kind of grouping games I was looking to practice in them. Should I upgrade to Ultimate plus for just the game packet? I am a little worried about practising such games cause they appeared in the LSAT administered in Asia and I felt that I was not exposed to such games before, they felt much harder. I saved some PTs from the 60s and 70s though in case I have to retake so not sure if in those tests there were such grouping games. Just looking for some really hard grouping and sequencing games with sub categories undefined with respect to game pieces along with uncertain number of games pieces in each group.

Which type of grouping games are you looking for? I think Cambridge has all the types, perhaps you're missing a packet?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

And, yes, upgrade to the new ultimate + package because it had everything, including the bundles and question bank! :)