Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT 65 Difficulty?

carreno.katecarreno.kate Alum Member
edited August 2014 in General 135 karma
Did anyone else have trouble with PT 65 in particular? I've scored between a 167 and a 173 on the last 7 PTs (newer PTs), averaging around a 168. I got a 163 on this PT. My strongest sections are RC and LR, with those hovering around a +24/+22. I'm working on improving LG, where I usually score around a +16/+18. LG felt easy, but I completely tanked the Game 4 with an incorrect gameboard. As I was completing RC, I could tell it was just a really difficult section. But as I worked my way through the LR sections, I thought I was doing really well. I corrected two answer choices during B/R in each section of LR, and not only did I miss all of the questions that I actually got wrong, but I changed several correct answer choices! Typically, I know when I missed a question as I'm answering it. I know that I missed something and I just move on and fix it in B/R. Today was completely different. I'd be less concerned if this happened with a PT in the 40's or 50's, but PT 65 is so recent that I'm worried this is a trend I'll continue to see...I'm registered for the September administration and running out of PT's to take. Did anyone else have an off test with PT 65 in particular? How do I re-adjust my strategy if this is a trend I'll continue to see? Any insight would be much appreciated! (:

Comments

• HopefullyHLSHopefullyHLS Member
    edited July 2021 445 karma

Yup. I head headache during the 2nd half of the test which might affected my performance, but RC absolutely threw me off here.

Scored 177, 174 and 176 on PT 62, 63 and 64 respectively before, and fell to 171 on PT 65.

LR: -1, -2.
    LG: -2.
    RC: -7.

I scored between -0 and -2 on RC in the last 3 previously mentioned PT. This time... I started with the 4th Passage and it took me 12 minutes, and had 5 minutes left when starting the 3rd passage (which I chose to do last) so that I had to guess 2 questions. 6/7 RC mistakes were on those two passages, so probably those two were the hardest ones.

I hope it was the headache, since I caught myself staring at questions I didn‘t know (although I usually force myself to trust my gut and move on in RC), but I‘ll intensely review my Vocab list, read Economist and do older RC sections the next few days :)

Keep your chin up, do a thorough BR, learn from your mistakes and move on ;)

• HopefullyHLSHopefullyHLS Member
    445 karma

(just realized the post is 7 years old lol)