Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High GPA, low LSAT Score

cecilianieto95cecilianieto95 Free Trial Member

I graduated from ASU Barrett, the honors college with a 3.91 and completed an extensive honors thesis. After taking a semester long Princeton review prep class that didn't seem to help my practice test scores at all, I got a 154 on the June 2016 test. I decided to take a year off and will be working at a nice law firm for this next year. I believe I'll have great letters of rec from my my thesis director and employer. I want to retake the lsat this September but I think my score will not improve much as I will only have about two months to study again. I'm worried that my school options with these scores won't be ideal even with my higher GPA and everything else. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@cecilianieto95 said:
    I graduated from ASU Barrett, the honors college with a 3.91 and completed an extensive honors thesis. After taking a semester long Princeton review prep class that didn't seem to help my practice test scores at all, I got a 154 on the June 2016 test. I decided to take a year off and will be working at a nice law firm for this next year. I believe I'll have great letters of rec from my my thesis director and employer. I want to retake the lsat this September but I think my score will not improve much as I will only have about two months to study again. I'm worried that my school options with these scores won't be ideal even with my higher GPA and everything else. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Don't rush to take the LSAT. You have the GPA and the LORS, so all you need is a great LSAT and you can literally go anywhere. Study when you don't have so much going on, or in little bits every day. Something like a 7Sage course would be perfect for that! Don't waste a 3.91 GPA with an average LSAT score.

• Achen165Achen165 Member
    edited March 2019 656 karma

removed

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@achen013 said:
    I am in a similar boat--high gpa but super low score...4.0 LSAC gpa, and a 147 LSAT score. I also decided to delay admissions for a year. Since you have the year, I would advise that you opt for a later test date throughout the next year. The LSAT is considered to be a learnable test, as long as you put forth the effort. Don't rush and don't limit yourself. 7Sage offers very great course options at reasonable prices.

This! :sunglasses: