Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question About "Weird Games"

NikkkkkkkNikkkkkkk Live Member
in Logic Games 250 karma

So I've been reading a lot about how the recent exams have started incorporating more "weird games," i.e. ones that aren't the traditional grouping, sequencing, in/out games (labelled as Misc. here at 7sage). For example, the infamous "virus" game, which I haven't tried yet, but from what I understand was notoriously difficult and weird.

I was just wondering whether these "weird" games are completely new, or are actually just a different form of one of the Misc. games that have appeared in older tests. In other words, if I fool proofed 1-35, will I be safe in tackling these sorts of games? Have any of these recent weird games been completely new and have no analogous counterparts in PTs 1-35?

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Having taken the September test, I can say that the Virius game was 100% doable. What caught people off guard was that it didn't seem normal. It got people by throwing them off and making them panic. The game itself was totally doable!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

No way to be "safe" for sure but if you do and fool proof every logic game you can get your hands on, you'll be as prepared as you can be. The newer oddball games, at least from my understanding, resemble the older games from like the first 20 PTs or so. Like @LSATcantwin says, I think it is the shock factor that throws people off due to to the fact that when we do LG we often go into into autopilot mode and kind of just start diagramming and not always taking a minute to just take all the information in.

My theory has always been if you can pass a college math calculus course or something similar, there isn't a logic game you can't master.