Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BR Help

LSATHopeful-2LSATHopeful-2 Alum Member
in General 109 karma

Hey guys,

I'm currently in the BR phase of my routine and I have questions: I often find that among the questions that I circle I almost always go with my original answer, which is sometimes right and sometimes wrong. I've noticed that when I BR I have a hard time finding the correct answer for some of the tougher questions and in frustration I turn to solutions online.

I try my best to get the right answer but I just can't - any tips to actually crack the code and find the correct answer/any tips on how to read online material to better understand the question rather than just FIND the answer?

Thanks

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Have you tried clean copy blind review whereby you use a clean copy of the best and blind review it. I find this will help to fight off our egos when having to either admit we were wrong about something or have a bad feeling incline us the change it without any really reasoning.

Furthermore, really take your BR seriously by writing out explanations for every question you circle or get wrong. Write out why each wrong answer is wrong and why each correct choice is right. Practice making wrong answers right... It will help you to practice seeing the details and structures of what is actually making the correct question right.

I also like to keep a word document of all my mistakes and write little maxims or rules to prevent myself from repeating mistakes. It could be as simple as for my NA assumption questions when stuck, negate the remaining answers choices. The one that destroys the argument is the correct choice. Just an example, but little tips like this will add up and you will slowly stop making mistakes and build your skills up.

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

Yes, what @"Alex Divine" said. I can't emphasize enough about how clean copies help. When I first tried BR's a year ago, I did not use a clean copy and my BR score was pretty much the same as my timed score. Going through the questions in BR, I thought I had done pretty well since I was sticking with my original choices only to find out I did pretty bad.

This time round I used clean copies and my BR/Timed gap was 10 points and became much more useful for analysis of my weaknesses and strengths.

There will sometimes be a couple questions you will have no clue on during BR. Take your time and do your best but don't beat yourself up on those if you can't figure them out. Trust me, it happens.

I'll just again emphasize what Alex said about writing the reasoning out of why an AC is wrong/right. Very helpful and forces you to think about the mechanics of the AC and the type of question you are dealing with. Hope this helps!