High scorers - how many questions do you typically have circled for BR?

Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
edited July 2017 in General 1091 karma

Title says it all really. Curious to know how many questions you all have circled after a typical PT. I suppose here I'm more focused on LR and RC since with LG I feel you either 'get' the game and feel confident about all questions or you don't 'get' the game so you're not certain about any...

I'd also be curious to hear what your criteria is for circling for BR. Do you circle anything where you're <100% certain?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

For LR, I typically do all of what would be my BR within the time limit, leaving me 0 circles once time is called. For RC I'm usually in the 3-4 range. Obviously that is derived from mastery of the material, but it also comes from highly aggressive and well practiced pacing.

For circling, I strictly followed the criteria set out in the curriculum--100% certainty on every aspect of the question. It really does have to be that strict. At a certain point though, it becomes important to begin differentiating between when less than 100% confidence is derived from imperfect understanding and when it's derived from a simple crisis of confidence. So there are many questions for me that I would not necessarily say I had achieved 100% confidence on, but that I do totally understand.

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    1091 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    For LR, I typically do all of what would be my BR within the time limit, leaving me 0 circles once time is called. For RC I'm usually in the 3-4 range. Obviously that is derived from mastery of the material, but it also comes from highly aggressive and well practiced pacing.

For circling, I strictly followed the criteria set out in the curriculum--100% certainty on every aspect of the question. It really does have to be that strict. At a certain point though, it becomes important to begin differentiating between when less than 100% confidence is derived from imperfect understanding and when it's derived from a simple crisis of confidence. So there are many questions for me that I would not necessarily say I had achieved 100% confidence on, but that I do totally understand.

Thanks, this is really helpful! I recently tried a slightly less rigid circling strategy, and my BR score dropped by 8 points. It was kinda terrifying. Think I'll stick to the 100% certainty rule.