Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BR test help

charlesteitycharlesteity Free Trial Member
in General 26 karma

Hey! Can someone please help me out I'm not sure how to do BR for a full prep test. How do you go about doing BR for logic games for example. Thanks!

Comments

• Harrison_PavHarrison_Pav Alum Member
    218 karma

For the LG, I would say look at your LG section and without any time (or knowing what the correct answers are) go through the games you want to BR and try every answer, or at least the ones you are unsure of. For RC I would re-read the passages you were most concerned/confused by and then re-try to answer the questions you are not 100% certain are right. And for LR, while you're taking the actual section, circle the questions that you aren't 100% sure on (fully know right answer is right and wrong answers are wrong), and then with no time constraints, go back and re-look at your circled ones. At first it'll take a good 6-8 hours to do the whole test, but once you're starting to nail these down and have a mastery of the test, you may not have to BR a section at all and it'll take 2-4 hours per test. I would say after you take a full test, don't look at the test for the rest of the day. Certainly don't BR as soon as you finish the test, because at that point your mind will be too fatigued to do a meaningful BR, but give your self a day or two. You'll still know why you picked the answers you did for confusing questions.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I think @Harrison_Pav covered this pretty well. I think at least 2-3 hours break in between the test and BR is pretty good. It can actually depends on where you are in your studies. People who are further along in their prep may be able to only BR a section per day because they have less work to do and less to remember. When you're first starting out and your BR score is below your goal score, I would BR more closely to the test.

I also highly recommend writing up a summary after your test. Immediately reflect on how it felt. Did you feel rushed? Were there certain games or passages that you felt gave you a particular issue? If so, what were they? Be detailed, too. You'll have an advantage doing this right after the test because it is easy to for get even after only a few hours how exactly we felt.

Review these summaries before and while doing your BR. This way you can make sure you are addressing not only getting the wrong question right and just improving on the test, but to also improve what is psychologically holding you back. I think a big part of this test is psychological and this fact often gets neglected in lieu of focusing on just getting "better" by getting more questions right and focusing on strategy.