Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logic Game Timing Differences between Easy and Hard Games

eagles111eagles111 Free Trial Member
in Logic Games 45 karma

I was wondering if anyone may know why this may be the case but I noticed that for many of the "easy" logic games (based of the 7Sage Recommended time) I struggle to meet the 5-6 mins for easy games ( I take around 7 mins usually and sometimes 8) but for the harder games I am usually below 7 Sage's time by 2-3 mins. It seems like for me I am consistent on games in terms of time 'regardless' of the difficulty where it takes me roughly the same amount of time to complete a game. That said there are anomalies where I have spent 12-15 mins on a game and still can't figure it out or like 5 mins on a single question

Is there any other way to get it down to be faster on easier games aside from repeatedly doing it? Over the last week I have drilled only easy games and I think I have shaved off 30-60sec on average on re-doing the game a 3-4 days later but when I review I really find it hard as to where else I can save more time.

Also, does anyone else double check your work on games? I find that sometimes I make a careless errors like forgetting a rule existed for a specific question. I have also made fatal errors before like omitting an entire rule ( which I guess can't be helped aside from checking the rules one last time before making inferences). In all they probably cost me between 1-2 points on LG section and then another 1-2 LG question is wrong due either to time or just something more fundamental like those rule substitution questions

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

those times are just that: recommendations. It's ok to be under and over, as long as you can finish the sections in 35 minutes. Preferably with a few minutes to check your work. More than anything, though, work on getting those easier games done faster. That's a big secret. The hard games aren't always harder, so much as they take longer. If you can knock out those easy games in 5 minutes, you'll be killing it.