Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Score increase from 130's to 150's.

AndWhyisBwrongAndWhyisBwrong Alum Member
in General 92 karma

Hello Beautiful People, I love to hear success stories and I would love for you to share your journey as your score moved from the 130's to the 150's. I'm currently in the mid 130's, studying full-time, and with Sage plan to move this score to the 150's. How long did it take and what did you do? Thanks!!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@AndWhyisBwrong said:
    Hello Beautiful People, I love to hear success stories and I would love for you to share your journey as your score moved from the 130's to the 150's. I'm currently in the mid 130's, studying full-time, and with Sage plan to move this score to the 150's. How long did it take and what did you do? Thanks!!

Can't speak for myself personally but I do know someone on here began with a 138 and eventually was able to hit the 160s. Where you begin is not all that important. If you're scoring in the 130s, you need to focus almost 100% on learning the fundamentals of the test. Stop taking tests at this point and finish the core curriculum, complete problem sets + review (do them multiple times) and work on fool proofing logic games.

How long any increase takes is different for everyone. I believe the person I am referring to who began at a 138 and ended up a a low 160s took about a year. The important thing is that it has been, and can be done.

Hopefully someone can share some personal stories that can help motivated you! Just know you can do it... Focus on learning right now and the points shall cometh! ;)

• AndWhyisBwrongAndWhyisBwrong Alum Member
    92 karma

Alex Divine, you are so Fantastic! Thanks so much for the prompt feedback and encouragement, you're the best, My friend!!

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

@AndWhyisBwrong said:
    Alex Divine, you are so Fantastic! Thanks so much for the prompt feedback and encouragement, you're the best, My friend!!

I've also heard comparisons of a diagnostic score being similar to taking a foreign language test that you've never spoken before. It just doesn't prove anything, because you are obviously going into the test not having experienced anything like it before.

Just start studying hard, build good habits, and keep grinding. It's a very slow, tiresome, and tedious process. Don't give up. There are going to plenty of roadblocks, difficulty, and plateaus along the way. They are all normal, and everyone here as gone through them.

Also, don't compare your studying and ability to anyone else, especially in terms of "time". Each person will learn material differently, so focus on you. Sometimes people can learn the test in 3 months, sometimes it takes 2 years. Set a goal and stick to it.

Good luck!

• AndWhyisBwrongAndWhyisBwrong Alum Member
    92 karma

Got it! I most certainly will, and thank you so much for your response. I have become very comfortable moving at a proud snail's pace. Your words are priceless, thank you for taking the time to share and motivate!

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

148 diagnostic to 160 here. Haven't taken a full length prep test recently but I would guess around 163-164 now.

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    edited July 2017 708 karma

Actually it's pretty easy to make that jump from 130's to 150's once you get the gist of the exam. It's once you start trying to sharpen those weak points that it gets more difficult. I did the LSAT trainer along with 7sage lg, lots of timed sections and now this full curriculum.

• PomegranatePomegranate Alum Member
    577 karma

@AndWhyisBwrong said:

Hi! Maybe my story will help you with motivation :) I've been in a similar situation to yours though I didn't take a diagnostic test before going through the core curriculum. However, I guess would be in 130s, because on my first test right after finishing the CC I scored 144. It took me 4 month to start consistently scoring in the range of 160s.

Your target score is totally possible to be achieved! If you haven't foolproofed games from PT 1-35 yet, doing so is likely to help your LG average and your overall score. I would say, from focusing on LG you can gain the most drastic improvement in a short amount of time. In my prep, the most point gains came from an intense BR and drilling LG over and over and over again.
    I think discipline and consistency are two key elements in achieving our goals. So, set a schedule and focus on your studies. Don’t give up! Ultimately you will see an improvement :)

Good luck on your journey!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@AndWhyisBwrong said:

Of course! Aside from procrastinating from doing my real work, I love coming on here and encouraging in any honest and helpful way I can. You can always PM with questions or post a thread and they'll always be tons of helpful and experienced test takers to guide you alone the way!

Diagnostic scores only prove what you're naturally good at or may have already been exposed to. @Mellow_Z made a great analogy with taking a foreign language test. I think there's definitely some truth to that. Especially when I first saw games.... I went -20 my diagnostic on games. If there is hope for me, there is surely hope for everyone out there!

• LawyerDude513LawyerDude513 Member
    18 karma

I am in the same boat and I really appreciate all the feedback on this thread. I am too working with LSAT Trainer and looking to buy the $69 package. would that help me move 20 points. I want to get into the 150s also and I'm looking to take the November test. I have already pushed it back from September. Would 7Sage curriculum help?