Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions types with validity

TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member

If I want to practice validity questions....which questions should I be drilling the most? NA, PSA, SA, and MBT....is there anything I'm missing?

Understanding and applying validity has been suuuuuch an uphill battle for me. And just to make sure it's sunk in, I want to drill as many of those question types as I can.

Thanks!

Comments

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

If you are struggling w logic and validity, try parallel questions and diagram ALL the ACs. Often, as JY says, these could very well manifest as stims for other question

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma

@nathanieljschwartz said:
    If you are struggling w logic and validity, try parallel questions and diagram ALL the ACs. Often, as JY says, these could very well manifest as stims for other question

Thank you! I'll give that a try.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

One great exercise with validity that you can do across the board is to take invalid arguments and correct them; make them valid. This is the task for SA questions, but we can do this with basically any invalid argument.

We don't see a whole lot of valid arguments on the LSAT: Valid arguments can't be strengthened or weakened and have no flaws or assumptions, so they're just not very useful to the test writers.

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    One great exercise with validity that you can do across the board is to take invalid arguments and correct them; make them valid. This is the task for SA questions, but we can do this with basically any invalid argument.

We don't see a whole lot of valid arguments on the LSAT: Valid arguments can't be strengthened or weakened and have no flaws or assumptions, so they're just not very useful to the test writers.

Wow, I don't know how that is JUST occurring to me. Thank you!!