Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Better way to study?

K5656565656K5656565656 Free Trial Member
edited January 2019 in General 16 karma

?

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Disclaimer: I’m not scoring higher than you and I’m fairly new to studying for the LSAT

My thoughts:
    - You’re in a great position.
    - Slow down with the number of tests you’re taking. 5 seems kind of heavy.
    - You may want to consider reviewing questions you are also getting correct. You may discover you’re occasionally getting to the right answer but not by taking the right path.
    - Are you getting certain types of questions wrong? You should put your results into the analytics here or on another website.
    - You’re doing great on time. Is there a theme on where in the test you start to miss questions? If you notice that most of your mistakes are past Q15, then you might want to consider slowing down there. You’re doing so great on time that you can afford to slow down, and regain your focus.
    - After you review your mistakes, drill relevant question types.
    - I’m not sure what material would benefit you. You’re already in a strong position so I’m not sure how much insight is going to help you as opposed to just continuing to drill and PT.
    - Kim’s LSAT Trainer has positive reviews, and he’s big on eliminating on all the wrong answer choices. Since you’re doing so great on time, you might benefit from his insight on that strategy.
    - I’m not sure how much you’d benefit from the curriculum on 7sage, but I’m sure you’d benefit from the organization of the material. It is extremely convenient to have all the tests available, and then to be able to put together problem sheets that contain specific question types. Sign up for the ultimate +, and cancel during the trial if you don’t find it worth your time.
    - You may want to look into recording yourself, or hiring a tutor to observe you.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

I agree with @10000019 i would try recording yourself, ots abit strange but EVERYONE sings its praises.
    And congratulations on scoring in the 99th!!!!!!. (Slow hand clap)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2017 23929 karma

I'll second what @10000019 said.

I'd also highly recommend 7Sage... But I'm biased since it's worked so well for me and many of my friends. More importantly, you want to slow down on PTs. Use the older PTs 1-40 or so to drill and master the fundamentals. There are a finite number of full PTs and you don't want to burn them all learning and mastering the fundamentals. Also, you have to find time for BR because that's honestly where you're going to do the bulk of your improving.

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@"kailyn.gaines" said:
    Since I'm not really able to do a traditional BR, I was wondering if there's a better way for me to review my work after taking the test rather than just scoring it and trying to understand what went wrong with my reading/reasoning?

Can you elaborate on this? Why aren't you able to do a thorough BR? BR before scoring your PT should help out a lot. It doesn't sound like you'll have that many to go over but be sure to be able to tell why the four AC are wrong and the correct AC is right before moving on to the next. As mentioned above, the analytics should be a great help as well so you'll know where you need to focus.