Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weird question type I seem to miss often.

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage

I am weak at disagree questions. I tend to miss these ones about 50% of the time. I find this weird because when it is agreement I ace it. Does anyone have a strategy for these kinds of questions other than making a Y/N chart to the side? How do you engage with the stimulus, what are you looking for in the AC, how can you tell what specifically they are disagreeing over?

Comments

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

i think my approach to these questions is to rely heavily on prephrasing. Much of the time, you can tease out areas of agreement, disagreement, and most importantly, not mentioned, before entering the AC. The AC seem extra dangerous in these questions because of the added complexity of a second speaker.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@jkatz1488 said:
    i think my approach to these questions is to rely heavily on prephrasing. Much of the time, you can tease out areas of agreement, disagreement, and most importantly, not mentioned, before entering the AC. The AC seem extra dangerous in these questions because of the added complexity of a second speaker.

I think that might be it - I try to compare the two speakers to each other. I find difficult NA questions easier than these one haha.

I often times find AC to seem like they are referencing what i prephrased, but when I actually have a lot of time to sit and think about it, I notice they don't. I also notice answers that seem like they are saying the same thing, but are not.

It just seems like such an odd question type for me to be hung up on haha