Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study planning help

lsattaker10lsattaker10 Free Trial Member
edited August 2017 in December 2017 LSAT 76 karma

Hi all,

I'm new to the 7sage community, so its my first time posting! I made a big mistake and missed the deadline for the September exam. (It's like a nightmare come true) I'm currently on a 2 month study leave (aug 1 - sept 30) from work. Now I'm taking the December exam. That means I'll be studying full time for 2 months, and then working full time 2 months before my exam.

The thing is, the work I do requires alot of reading and by the end of the day, my brain feels exhausted and I have a hard time studying because my intellectual energy is spent by the end of the day. Does anyone have recommendations on how I can maximize my study time? Currently, I'm doing 2-3 exams per week. My major focus and goal during my FT study period is to meticulously analyze the exams I take to see my weak points.

But once I start working, I might only be able to do one exam per week (on the weekends). Is that enough to keep me going for the 2 month buffer period before the Dec 2 exam?

Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@christinajma said:
    Hi all,

I'm new to the 7sage community, so its my first time posting! I made a big mistake and missed the deadline for the September exam. (It's like a nightmare come true) I'm currently on a 2 month study leave (aug 1 - sept 30) from work. Now I'm taking the December exam. That means I'll be studying full time for 2 months, and then working full time 2 months before my exam.

The thing is, the work I do requires alot of reading and by the end of the day, my brain feels exhausted and I have a hard time studying because my intellectual energy is spent by the end of the day. Does anyone have recommendations on how I can maximize my study time? Currently, I'm doing 2-3 exams per week. My major focus and goal during my FT study period is to meticulously analyze the exams I take to see my weak points.

But once I start working, I might only be able to do one exam per week (on the weekends). Is that enough to keep me going for the 2 month buffer period before the Dec 2 exam?

Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!

Hey @christinajm,

Welcome to the 7Sage community!

I feel like my brain is mush many of the nights when I get home. I try to do what I can, but as soon as I feel like I'm too mentally tired to keep going, I just call it a night.

I've been waking up super early at like 4:30/5:00 am in order to get some study time in before work. If your job requires tons of reading and things that are going to burn you out before you even get a chance to study, then studying in the morning is the way to go.

I think taking a couple of exams per week is fine, but only if you absolutely have an ample amount of time to blind review and do whatever you need to in order to improve on anything that needs addressing. Sometimes that might mean spending a week or two just working on RC drills. just realize that taking another PT when you already know what needs improving will be a waste of time, at least for the most part. So one exam per week while your working will be fine!

Be dedicated and disciplined in your studying, but take breaks as needed. Your efficiency will be increased if you are well rested and take intermittent breaks.

Good luck!