Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post Core Curriculm: Ideas?

Achen165Achen165 Member
in General 656 karma

Hi there,

Writing this as I listen to the Post Core Curriculum webinar, and I have nearly finished the 7Sage CC, I am trying to organize and map out the next few months of my study--- to write in December or February. Even with relatively heavy study, its has taken me 3 months to complete CC. From CC, I created a binder predominantly of LR notes along with notes from the Trainer. I have file folders that each entail a single copy of PT's 1-80, a giant LR binder with every singe LG (1-80) for Fool Proofing, and a binder to work out of BR. I am able to study semi-full time...any suggestions/recommendations on my organizational structure? Although there are plenty of inquiries about how many PT's...I am willing to do as many as it takes, but I don't want to run out of time and there be a gap where I've skipped a whole middle chunk of PT's if I start with #1.

I am aiming for a 15+ point increase, ideally from my last unfortunate write in February. I began 7Sage in May, and have not taken a PT since (skipped diagnostic). I have no knowledge of which areas require my focus.

Should I wait a few weeks before attempting timed PT's, and begin with untimed drills while referring to the curriculum to understand structure better, and Fool Proof LG, or should I jump right in and BR? If so, how long would you suggest this phase last? Or should I ponder over CC notes over and over again without practice before going in? I am honestly a bit nervous to taking my first PT.

I will be able to transition to full time studying in September.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2017 23929 karma

Hey @achen013,

First I want to say that the webinar will answer many of your questions and concerns. I think it's one of the most helpful webinars on 7Sage so I'm happy to hear you're currently watching it -- take notes! :)

After finishing the core curriculum I would take PT36 so at least you have some sense of where your strengths and weaknesses lie and what sections/question types should be a priority. After BR'ing PT 36, you should have plenty of work to do that will most likely include drilling, fool proofing games, and reviewing lessons from the CC.

You don't need to worry about doing every tests from 1-81, so don't let that be a cause of unnecessary stress. In the same vein, don't be nervous about taking your first PT after finishing the CC. After all, PT scores aren't what count in the end, thus, don't sweat'em one bit.

As far as how to go about drilling and prepping, I think a mixture of timed sections and timed/untimed drills are helpful depending on where you find yourself in your prep. I think if you are still missing -5 per section, then untimed drills can still be useful. After that however, I think you your time would be better spent focusing more time drilling timed sections.

I also think that fool proofing the LG bundle (the games from PTs 1-35) would be very helpful for you. If you only need a little bit of work with games then you'll be able to breeze through them fairly quickly, and if you are still weak on games then it's important to spend the necessary time to build a strong LG foundation. It will make all future games that much easier!

It's hard to say how long this phase should last. It's cliché, but true, that you should take however long you need. You won't be doing yourself any favors by jumping right into the PT/BR phase if you're foundational skills aren't as solid as they could be. If you're aiming for December then I'd aim to leave enough time to take a good number of the recent PTs. Especially all of the 70s series - current, and hopefully a good amount of the 60s series as well. A 15 point increase is totally possible but it is going to require a lot of patience and hard work. Whatever you do, don't let the December test date rush your prep. Improvements will come with time, and sometimes there's not a whole lot we can do to make them come faster.

I think it's excellent that you'll be able to transition over to full-time study in September! If you utilize that time wisely and remain on a disciplined study schedule, you will most likely be in great shape going into December.

Good luck and feel free to reach out if you need any help with specifics! :sunglasses:

• Achen165Achen165 Member
    656 karma

Hey @"Alex Divine" !

Thank you so much for all of your advice and encouragement...you are awesome! You've helped me put things into a better perspective, I am so grateful.

Best of luck to you.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@achen013 said:
    Hey @"Alex Divine" !

Thank you so much for all of your advice and encouragement...you are awesome! You've helped me put things into a better perspective, I am so grateful.

Best of luck to you.

:) Aww well thank you!

Let me know if you ever need any other help -- this community is great and filled with lots of smart and helpful folks.

Good luck!