Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the best way to go through the LG CC

skrishnanskrishnan Alum Member

Hi,

Amongst all sections, LG is probably my weakest. It takes me way too much time.
Which is a better way to go through the CC ( I started with LG about a week ago)

1. Doing the questions and PS's of each question type and fool proofing until you get everything before moving on the next question type. ( I find, my inferences are usually correct but i take up too much time and end up getting questions wrong once i realise how much time has gone by- Watching Jy's explanations help, but my techniques are mostly the same)

2. Doing the Questions and PS's of all question types in the CC, watching the explanations simultaneously and fool proofing everything together in the end.

I'd love as much advise as i can get on how to go about LR since some questions are taking me upto 20 min and it's really stressing me out.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2017 23929 karma

@skrishnan said:
    Hi,

Amongst all sections, LG is probably my weakest. It takes me way too much time.
    Which is a better way to go through the CC ( I started with LG about a week ago)

1. Doing the questions and PS's of each question type and fool proofing until you get everything before moving on the next question type. ( I find, my inferences are usually correct but i take up too much time and end up getting questions wrong once i realise how much time has gone by- Watching Jy's explanations help, but my techniques are mostly the same)

2. Doing the Questions and PS's of all question types in the CC, watching the explanations simultaneously and fool proofing everything together in the end.

I'd love as much advise as i can get on how to go about LR since some questions are taking me upto 20 min and it's really stressing me out.

I don't think either #1 or #2 is the better way to go through it necessarily. I found it helpful to go through the lessons in order and would redo/fool proof each game in the problem sets until I had that game down, in the time JY recommended. I utilized the video explanations to help me with the games I got stuck on. Otherwise, I did all I could to figure it out on my own.

The best advice for LG is just making sure you have a solid diagramming method that you consistently apply and straight up repetition. It can take a while and be time consuming, but I promise if you just keep going and doing the games over and over, you will indeed see improvements.

• skrishnanskrishnan Alum Member
    209 karma

@"Alex Divine"
    Thanks Alex,

I Just printed out my copies for fool proofing! About to dive in! Hopefully should see some improvement soon!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@skrishnan said:
    @"Alex Divine"
    Thanks Alex,

I Just printed out my copies for fool proofing! About to dive in! Hopefully should see some improvement soon!

Just keep at it and I can promise you will! I used to be completely hopeless at games until I fool proofed :)

Good luck!