Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In search of #MajorKeys

FiestaNextDoorFiestaNextDoor Alum Member
in General 127 karma

Hey 7Sagers! Im curious how you all as JY puts it "get the most" out of every PT. I understand that it is foolish to burn through PTs without gaining as much LSAT juice as possible from each. I'm wondering what you all do after every PT to review?

This is the system that I have been using recently:

1) For LR, I blind review and type out a doc that outlines my thinking for all missed questions, confidence errors, or overall difficult questions. Currently seeing most improvement on LR (going -5), although I know I can improve more... looking at you PM/ PF/ SA/ MBT.

2) For LG, I have been fool proofing all games where I missed a question or if I didn't get through the game as fast as I thought I should. I have only started doing this from PT 59 and up so tbh haven't full proofed games before that (PT 52-58). I had been doing well for my target score (-6) up to the last couple PTs I took where I have not done as well.

3) For RC, I have not found a review strategy that has helped me increase my points. RC was honestly natural to me when I first started taking PTs last December, would score -6 while my other sections were trash lol. But my score has gone down which is super frustrating to me (avg -8 rn). I know the reason is that I switched to focusing to 3 passages because time was an issue, but I have not been able to go perfect on three passages for this method to be beneficial. So I'm pretty lost on this end of it. I want to go back to completing four passages but its becoming hard for me to think that speeding through passages more quickly while risking misunderstanding is going to be the solution.

September was my goal, have been studying 30+ hrs since June, but I feel like I have so much to work on that it's feeling like pushing back my test date is the right choice... Going to keep grinding for the next couple weeks to see where I'm at then.

Any insight would be great, I'm all ears!

Comments

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

For LR, go as deep into the fundamentals as you can. Mastering the concepts is the only way to a consistently great LR score. From an execution standpoint, learn to skip. There is a webinar from 7Sage about skipping.

For LG, you need to just do massive amounts of foolproofing. Use PTs 1-35. Do every game from 1-35 at least 4 times. It's as simple (and hard) as that.

For RC, I strongly recommend against consciously skipping a passage. The key is not to read passages faster (unless you are taking more than 5 minutes to read a passage), it's to do the questions faster. That means not comparing answers to one another, only to the text. It also means not spending too much time on hard questions. Every question is worth 1 point. You are better off spending max 30 seconds on a hard question and guessing. Take the saved time to read the final passage and get the easy questions right.