Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logic Games Improvement

alexandra.marlenealexandra.marlene Alum Member
in Logic Games 102 karma

So some of you may have seen a discussion I posted about a week ago saying, "I'm never going to get this so what's our worst case scenario lbr." I got some encouragement from our 7sage community and also my husband and friends - took a day off, and got back to it! The update is I just drilled 5 assorted games in 33 minutes and went -3, but -0 in BR. Considering last week I went -13 on two games in 35 minutes, that is a MAJOR improvement. How did I do it? I allowed myself to go slowly (I know, whattttttt), as slowly as I needed to. I watched the videos and did about 4 or 5 games PER day minimum, all different. I wouldn't say I had an epiphany one day, I'd equate it to more of a slow adjustment to a cold swimming pool. But the point is, it can be done. Diligence, patience, and being kind to yourself - these are so important. I used the test question bank as well as some prep test sections and drilled until one day I used a stopwatch and lo and behold I was clocking in less than 7 minutes per game. You can do it! You will do it! Actually, you HAVE to do it! So don't get discouraged, hold your head high, and you'll live to infer another day. <3 <3

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Congrats! Very inspiring and heart warming. These posts truly keep me grinding when sometimes I want nothing more than to eat ice cream and cry alone in my room :grin:

• alexandra.marlenealexandra.marlene Alum Member
    102 karma

Hahaha "Alex Divine". I didn't realize other people weren't doing that after every study session?

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

Congrats! The "aha" moment in LG is awesome. I'll eat ice cream alone in my room regardless of my emotional state. Mint chocolate chip all day!

• alexandra.marlenealexandra.marlene Alum Member
    102 karma

In all seriousness though, sometimes I think about people who say they don't need to pay for 7Sage because their videos "are on youtube" and I just lauuuuugh and lauuuuuugh because my suite of Kaplan and Powerscore books are basically the light and basic introductions to the first 5 minutes of the 7Sage curriculum. If I have any success with this test it is thanks to the brilliant minds behind this ridiculously affordable and underappreciated program.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

@"alexandra.marlene" said:
    In all seriousness though, sometimes I think about people who say they don't need to pay for 7Sage because their videos "are on youtube" and I just lauuuuugh and lauuuuuugh because my suite of Kaplan and Powerscore books are basically the light and basic introductions to the first 5 minutes of the 7Sage curriculum. If I have any success with this test it is thanks to the brilliant minds behind this ridiculously affordable and underappreciated program.

I endorse this to the umpteenth degree. I would be lost without 7sage.

• jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
    630 karma

Just what I needed to hear!

Thank you for the motivation! :smile:

• apawalterapawalter Member
    357 karma

Thanks for the positive vibes and motivation! We can ALL do this :smiley:

• CJF_2180CJF_2180 Alum Member
    106 karma

This is awesome. lG are still where I'm struggling. I'm still missing so many under timed pressures and then going -3 or less in BR. Thanks for the inspiration to keep going!

• spitzy11spitzy11 Alum Member
    772 karma

I cannot agree more! I recently had a similar experience. I had my first -0 LG section on my PT on Saturday and that can be attributed to two weeks of drilling... AM, PM, in my sleep, you name it. It works people!!! I was going -12 on LG. It seems hopeless but it can happen!

• L. DavisL. Davis Member
    28 karma

Thank you so much for sharing this message! I struggle with logic games too and this was great encouragement to keep pushing.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Nice, congrats!!

• sandy180sandy180 Alum Member
    159 karma

@spitzy11 said:
    I cannot agree more! I recently had a similar experience. I had my first -0 LG section on my PT on Saturday and that can be attributed to two weeks of drilling... AM, PM, in my sleep, you name it. It works people!!! I was going -12 on LG. It seems hopeless but it can happen!

Going from -12 to -0 in awesome! Can you elaborate on what was your initial trouble and what you most improved to make that jump?

• spitzy11spitzy11 Alum Member
    772 karma

@sayhey180 said:

@spitzy11 said:

Going from -12 to -0 in awesome! Can you elaborate on what was your initial trouble and what you most improved to make that jump?

Hi! Yes, of course! I think my initial trouble was just not knowing how to instinctively deduce inferences from rules, and more importantly how to do it quickly. I kind of did a hybrid fool-proofing method since I had sort of-ish started very lightly, then took 2 weeks off of PTing to JUST do fool proof. I did PT1-30 and made an excel spreadsheet and would write date taken, how many I got wrong, and if I was on/over/under time. I highlighted "-0, under time" cells in yellow. I did every game at least three times, regardless if I continuously got -0 on it. For any of those that I hadn't reached -0 on, I just kept redoing it. I wouldn't necessarily do it the next day or same day. I would just continue going through them and circle back to that PT. I didn't want to remember anything and felt as if given that so many games are so similar, my skills would sharpen between takes of that game anyways. Plus, I knew I'd remember it if I re-took it the next day, to my detriment. I had to work 7am-4pm all summer, so I'd get up at 5:30 and do 4 games, then come home and do them as much as I could as well. I actually liked being able to take them successfully at 5:30 am. I am always like half awake at that point and I figure if I can be fast and go -0 on those, then we are on the right track! Plus, doing it tired really tests your brain's capability of understanding how to tackle the material. My -0 LG was when I was absolutely exhausted on a PT. I found that interesting. Let me know if you have any other questions!