Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One thing I love about the LSAT

unrealsimonunrealsimon Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 48 karma
I don't know about you guys, but I feel that the LSAT has taught me sooo much, knowledge that I would never have acquired without writing this test, from diverse fields such as literature, arts, science, etc. The best thing though, is that I actually retain these information, most likely due to the fact that I have to actively think about and reflect upon the information I read, and as a result my head retains it, as opposed to boring school stuff that I quickly forget because my brain was not actively processing them or simply trying to remember without thinking.
But of course the validity and truthfulness of the information presented in LSAT is a necessary assumption in order for my claim to be made. Imagine if all the stuff are just made up, how embarrassing would it be when I try to show off my knowledge in front of my friends :p

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited September 2014 3658 karma
    Sounds like your relationship with the LSAT is akin to Stockholm's syndrome. :)

Jk.
  • polsckenpolscken Alum Member
    199 karma
    Haha. I'm with you too. Jazz, African American literature, Art and science are all subjects that I would never read on my own, but the RC sections actually kind of make you appreciate these complex topics.
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    Unfortunately I cannot say I am with you on learning from RC! I want to die by the end! I've tried many times to force myself to be interested, but I haven't had much success yet. However, there is an aspect of the test that I love, well two aspects.

1) I saw a post somewhere, but I couldn't find it again. But after I read it, it really made me feel better about the LSAT. First, the test can't really be that bad... You know EXACTLY what will be on it, how many questions to expect, etc. How many of your undergrad tests or any other tests that you have taken where you have access to over 70 tests, that are identical in a lot of respects, before you take the test. Finally, how many tests are there where you can make a mistake or slip up during test day and have the opportunity to not only write it again, but potentially write it multiple times. While I know this isn't ideal, i'm just saying this is an option. I can remember a few undergrad exams where I thought I was prepared, went in and quickly found out that there was definitely room for improvement, maybe I overlooked something I thought wouldn't be tested but was. So, really this test is actually kind of amazing, its predictable, I know not entirely, but you definitely won't see something coming out of left field that you have NEVER seen before ever.

2) I have learned a lot about myself from taking the time to study for the test. I was not a very big reader as a child, my family never forced me to do homework or read books for fun. But studying for the LSAT has really taught me how to read efficiently and actually overall has made me a much better reader. Also, getting back into the shape physically was a big one this test brought to me. As time when on throughout undergrad constantly trying to grind for high marks I slowly saw over the years my physical fitness fall off. From pulling all nighters and only caring about school, the gym and any kind of fitness or healthy eating went out the window.
  • JHernandezJHernandez Alum Member
    75 karma
    @Al

LOL!!