Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Strech

LSATHopeful-2LSATHopeful-2 Alum Member
in General 109 karma

Hey Y'all,

The final stretch for me before the September 2017 LSAT is here, and once again I turn to you, the 7sage community, for wisdom and guidance (lol)

My score breakdown for my last 5 PTs falls into these ranges (all numbers are the # of questions I typically get wrong)

LR: 0-3
RC: 4
LG: 2-4

I now typically score just over 170. My last two PTs my LR has been near, if not exactly, -0.
My RC fell hard when I hit PT 70, but it came back up to -4 or less after that.
My LG for the past 10 PTs has been 2-4 wrong.

I don't know what to focus on. Tomorrow I plan on doing my 3 weakest yet the most rare LR questions and fool proofing LG games 72-76.

QUESTION: What should I focus on to ensure I stay in that 170 range come test day? I'm thinking LR And LG tomorrow, then on my next drilling day I do LG and RC. How does that sound? Any tips? Also, any recommendation on hard RC sections I can practice on?

Thanks!

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Do you finish logic games early? Or finish right on time?

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

If you can get that LG score down, you will be in real good shape.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I think at this point, depending on your BR score, you're probably just missing the hardest LR. I would therefore put my energy into tackling LG and getting that down. It seems like even with only a couple weeks left it's a reasonable goal. I also think that with your plan to fool proof some games in the 70s, you'll be right on your way.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

At this point, it's a battle of psychology more than anything else. Make sure you go in there on test day and take your test. If you take the test the way you take the test, you will fall into your range. Make sure you know exactly what your strategies are, and recognize if the pressure of the real thing is leading you to deviate from the things that have made you successful. Resist that and stay on course. To be in that range you've worked incredibly hard, so just remember your training and you'll be fine. Don't make any major overhauls to your test this close to time. Continue to identify and eliminate weaknesses, keep building consistency and confidence.