Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Change in plans for final week-NEED HELP!-

chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 827 karma
Hey everyone,

So like some others here on the forums, I am scheduled to write the LSAT September 27th. I had a plan for this week and next to write PT's 67-72. So far this week I have been successful, I have done 5 part PT's at the exact same time I will write the LSAT and using the proctor app. I was planning to get at least 2 PT's in next week (final week). However, I got accepted into the MBA program, so I will now have class next week from 9am-5pm. Thus, I lost the luxury of having a wide open schedule to match the LSAT conditions. Furthermore, I don't know that I will have enough time to hammer out the last 5 tests I have within the next 9 days, at least not while giving each test a thorough review afterwards.

So I am looking for some suggestions, should I peel back the number of tests I take? Should I do as many as I can, including deep review, but rather than go sequentially, maybe work backwards that way I can get the most recent tests in indefinitely? Since I won't have the whole day to study anymore, should I write full tests at night or just do individual sections? Would it be more beneficial to take say PT 70-72 under real conditions, and use PT 68&69 as timed individual sections (which will be more realistic to do given I only have the evenings).
I don't know I got caught off guard with the MBA offer and now my whole plan kind of got messed up and am looking for some advice, any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Christian

Comments

• carreno.katecarreno.kate Alum Member
    135 karma
    Hi Christian. That is a lot of PT's to write in nine days! I definitely recommend that you cut back on PTs, to two or three of the newest tests tops! The marginal gains to be had from writing five additional tests this week just aren't great enough to outweigh of those of being positive, healthy, and focused for next Saturday. At this point, you are probably as ready as you're going to be -- all that's left is preparing for all the variables we'll have to deal with next Saturday (nerves, distractions, bubbling etc).You should also plan not to review anything LSAT related the Friday before the test. Good luck!!! (:
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    Thanks! Yea I decided that I am going to do 2-3 depending on how I am feeling going through the weekend and the beginning of the week, but I will start with 72 and work downwards. However, should I use PT 68 and 69 as timed drills for individual sections throughout the week, like after class or something?
    135 karma
    Yeah I'm doing some timed sections in addition to two PTs. If you can't do them all, focus on your weak spot? RC has gotten a lot tougher in my opinion, that might be a good place to start.
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    Yea I agree. RC has always been an issue for me, and I don't know if PT 67 had a really difficult RC section compared to others or if it just played my weak areas, but I got -11! Which pummelled by score and my confidence.
    135 karma
    It could have been that it was the first section. I'm never focused enough on the first section to do RC. It was the first section on PT 72, and even though it was "medium" difficulty I missed 9 questions!