Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on remaining PTs

jaefromcanadajaefromcanada Alum Member
in General 315 karma

Hey everyone,

I'm thankful and happy to say after my June sitting (162), my average for PT's has improved.
I've taken 46, 47, 55, 58, 60, 61 and have averaged 169 (as high as 172).
I'm around my goal (170 would be nice), and I'd like to take more PT's in the 70s before September's sitting.
I have PTs 48-54,56-57, 59, 69, 71, 72, 74, 76, 78 remaining.
I'm going to take 4 more PT's before the 16th.

Keeping in mind of a possible retake in December, I'd like to save some newer PT's.
Should I take as many modern PT's before September as possible, or should I save some?
I'm thinking I'll do 59, 69, 72, 76... Or 69, 71, 72, 74.

Thanks for the advice.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jaefromcanada said:
    Hey everyone,

I'm thankful and happy to say after my June sitting (162), my average for PT's has improved.
    I'm around my goal (170 would be nice), and I'd like to take more PT's in the 70s before September's sitting.

Keeping in mind of a possible retake in December, I'd like to save some newer PT's.
    Should I take as many modern PT's before September as possible, or should I save some?

Thanks for the advice.

I'd personally try to focus on the PTs in the 70s. As you probably already know, they have a slightly different feel than the 60s and they're more likely to be more similar to the September exam.

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@jaefromcanada said:
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for the advice.

I'd personally try to focus on the PTs in the 70s. As you probably already know, they have a slightly different feel than the 60s and they're more likely to be more similar to the September exam.

I disagree, burning all the newer tests now means going all in for September. Your reasoning for it is still true if they need to retake in December for reasons they can't control (maybe their worst section happens to be the most difficult one in September). So I think they have the right idea doing two earlier ones and two newer ones, thus leaving some to refresh with before December. As to which, I don't think that really matters. Either of those two sets would work well. I'd probably lean a little more towards including 78 in one though.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@jaefromcanada said:
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for the advice.

I disagree, burning all the newer tests now means going all in for September. Your reasoning for it is still true if they need to retake in December for reasons they can't control (maybe their worst section happens to be the most difficult one in September). So I think they have the right idea doing two earlier ones and two newer ones, thus leaving some to refresh with before December. As to which, I don't think that really matters. Either of those two sets would work well. I'd probably lean a little more towards including 78 in one though.

Yeah, I can understand that line of reasoning as well.
    I'm not advocating taking all of the newer tests, just 4 like OP mentioned taking. My approach has always been to go all in for the test date for which you sit, or don't sit for the test. I think not doing most of the 70s before the September test would be a mistake. I figure you can always use the remaining tests in the 50s and 60s if a retake is needed along with retakes.

Again, that's why I prefaced it with what I'd personally do. OP might also consider doing 1-2 retakes from the 70s and 1-2 fresh ones from the late 70s.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I'd say choose between 69, 71, 72, 74, 76, 78. But get to 78 for sure.

• jaefromcanadajaefromcanada Alum Member
    315 karma

I took PT 69 yesterday with 2 hours of sleep and absolutely bombed. Gonna blind review then take 2 more in the 70's and do a retake of PT 81 on the week of.

Thanks for the advice.