Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General Initial Recording of Rules

jrkovalsjrkovals Alum Member
edited July 2013 in Logic Games 183 karma
I don't know if anyone has this problem and I know the obvious answer to this question would be to just slow down and take more time but I was wondering if anyone finds themselves repeatedly mis-recording rules - messing up something very simple - such as replacing one variable letter with another. I am finding I don't miss infrences as much as I make a dumb mistake such as mis-recording a rule under timed conditions. It is problem, i believe, directly related to trying to get down the rules as fast as possible in order to give myself the most amount of time on the game. However, one slip in the smallest detail while recording the rules can destroy your timing if you have to go back once its been noticed (which is almost always the case, lol). If anyone has had this problem and had any specfic drill, exercies, w/e, that they used to over come it, I would be more than willing to hear them out about it.

Thanks

Jake.

Comments

• CJ ShinCJ Shin Free Trial Member
    302 karma
    Hey Jake,
    Writing down the rules correctly and quickly is really basic, but nonetheless a necessary skill for logic game sections.
    I don't think there are any magic trick for this, you just gotta practice and practice until you become a machine.
  • jrkovalsjrkovals Alum Member
    183 karma
    Haha, alright.
    Thanks CJ
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    edited July 2013 14008 karma
    jrkovals, take a look at this video:
    http://7sage.com/prep-test-37-logic-games-live-video/

It's one of our instructors that I asked to do a game live to record it. Notice how close the pencil points to the important letters on the paper. Excellent habit.
  • PonyboyPonyboy Member
    3 karma
    Another thing that may help is to translate a rule, then immediately check the translation against the original English. Make certain they match, then move on to the next rule and repeat.

That's what I did when I used to have issues with mis-translating.