Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Decision to postpone/ Toronto study group

TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
in General 587 karma

Hey guys!

I had my LSAT break through a few days ago and I wanted to share. After studying for 4 months, I decided to postpone writing the LSAT until the December sitting.

I've been having the most inconsistent scoring these last few weeks, from 155's-175's and yesterday I BR'd at a flipping 180. I'm at that awkward stage where I understand the logic behind it, but not consistently enough to trust myself to write the LSAT. A little disappointed, because it's daunting to know that this test will be my life for another 3 months, but I think I'm making the right decision, since my dream school is Columbia (and Harvard but it seems crazy to write that).

So, I'm heading back to the CC after taking this weekend off and will be drilling each LR question type (where I struggle) in between each lesson + webinars when available. I want to focus on studying the structure of each question types, and understand wrong answer choices. My goal is to get through the CC+ drilling in September, so that I have two months to PT and get that 175+ in December. I've been hearing a lot of back and forth about whether or not schools care about multiple sittings, and my take on it is this tests matters too much for me to risk a sloppy take. I'm confident in my softs (I'm an investigative journalist focusing on national security + won national awards for my work + other things), so I don't think applying later will hurt too much. I didn't want to apply ED anyways, because a Columbia adviser said they almost never give scholarships to people who apply binding. Being Canadian, and paying international fees, I definitely don't want to pay law school entirely on loans.

SO, basically, if anyone in Toronto want's to go through a little LSAT bootcamp with me, along with exercising and eating right, hit me up :)

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

155 to 175 is kinda a crazy range, lol. I might start by trying to account for that. Why such drastic swings?

Congrats on the 180 BR, that's huge! If that's not totally atypical, you may do well to focus on strategy: Pacing and time management is frequently a major obstacle once BRs have climbed to high 170's/180. Beyond that, I really like your focus on both structure and understanding wrong answers. Pay particular attention to language and grammar. Once the logic is nailed down, there's a lot of language tricks to dig through. Identify and eliminate those errors, learn to manage your time well, figure out what the deal with the wild swings is, and sounds like you'll be in great shape.

• ChaudhrySChaudhryS Free Trial Member
    61 karma

Hey Idil! I'm also in Toronto, well Port Credit, which is close enough. I am however writing the September LSAT, don't know how it'll go, but I've decided to "attempt" to slay the dragon. Worst case, I guess I'll re-write. Nonetheless, I'm happy to study together! Send me a PM :smile:

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    155 to 175 is kinda a crazy range, lol. I might start by trying to account for that. Why such drastic swings?

Congrats on the 180 BR, that's huge! If that's not totally atypical, you may do well to focus on strategy: Pacing and time management is frequently a major obstacle once BRs have climbed to high 170's/180. Beyond that, I really like your focus on both structure and understanding wrong answers. Pay particular attention to language and grammar. Once the logic is nailed down, there's a lot of language tricks to dig through. Identify and eliminate those errors, learn to manage your time well, figure out what the deal with the wild swings is, and sounds like you'll be in great shape.

Yeah, trust me I know how crazy the swings are lol. It's mind boggling and really throws my confidence. I know each question type, but sometimes I just get into my own head and overthink what I already know. My weakness is flaw question types, so SA/PSA/NSA are where I'm struggling the most.

Thanks for all your tips !:) Really appreciate it, and looking forward to going back to the CC.

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma

@salmachh said:
    Hey Idil! I'm also in Toronto, well Port Credit, which is close enough. I am however writing the September LSAT, don't know how it'll go, but I've decided to "attempt" to slay the dragon. Worst case, I guess I'll re-write. Nonetheless, I'm happy to study together! Send me a PM :smile:

Hey! I'll message you. Would love to meet up, maybe when you're done with the Sept sitting?