Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC/LSAT First Name Concern!

eitamasakieitamasaki Free Trial Member

Hi everyone.

I am quite concerned at the moment.

So my full first name is "Michael Jonathan". However, I just realized that my name is displayed as a shortened version: "Michael Jon" on my LSAC account and on my LSAT score reports. I believe when I made my LSAC account, I was not able to insert my whole first name.

Should I be concerned about this when I submit my law applications or do you guys think it is ok as they will match my LSAC account #? Also, should I submit a name change form to LSAC?

Thank you.

Comments

• BirdLaw818BirdLaw818 Free Trial Member
    553 karma

Call them on Tuesday and ask but if your name appears even slightly different on ID versus the ticket you're pooped.

• eitamasakieitamasaki Free Trial Member
    6 karma

@Kewlaidd said:
    Call them on Tuesday and ask but if your name appears even slightly different on ID versus the ticket you're pooped.

Thank you. The thing is, the name on my past tickets and on my LSAC account/ID are exactly same though. That's why they let me take the LSAT.

I'm just concerned because they're both a shortened version of my full name.

• BirdLaw818BirdLaw818 Free Trial Member
    553 karma

They check your lisence though. Or passport or whichever you use. Does this ID have the same name written as your ticket? The short version?

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

it has to match exactly or else you may be screwed.. like Kewl said, does your form of ID have your name shortened? if so, def call them

• eitamasakieitamasaki Free Trial Member
    edited September 2017 6 karma

@Kewlaidd said:
    They check your lisence though. Or passport or whichever you use. Does this ID have the same name written as your ticket? The short version?

@TheMikey said:
    it has to match exactly or else you may be screwed.. like Kewl said, does your form of ID have your name shortened? if so, def call them

Hey guys thank you again.

@Kewlaidd I have taken the LSAT already though and I have my 2 scores, so there's not checking of passport/license. They checked my license with my longer version and they let me in (twice).

@TheMikey my form of ID has the longer version. I am just concerned about if there may be problems with my CAS report when I apply to schools. And yeah, I will just call Tuesday.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

hmmm, then I think you may be fine tbh.

Schools will have your LSAC number which has everything linked to your personal info (e.g. SSN), so idk I think you will be fine tbh.

But yeah, call them on Tuesday just to double check !

• Grey WardenGrey Warden Alum Member
    edited September 2017 813 karma

I had a similar sort of problem, my passport did not have first name and last name separated and my name was displayed under the "full name" field on the passport but in my admission ticket it was separated under first name and last name fields. The proctor at the centre spoke to the LSAC and scanned my other forms of identification and sent them. But, it wasted so much time since 3 other candidates had the same problem. I was able to take the test and i got my score on time, though when i take the LSAT the next time i am definitely going to carry some form of authorisation from them via email so that i avoid this hassle since i don't want to add anymore of anxiety on the test day. I recommend you call them and clarify.