*Breaking News - LSAC adds a new section type to the LSAT*

J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
in General 14044 karma
Brace yourselves guys - we just got this email from the LSAC:

"In addition to the Logical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension, and Analytical Reasoning (LG) sections the LSAC is add a new section call Critical Analysis. This section tests students ability to read evidence, arguments, and declarations and critically analyze the credibility of the material. This move is partially in response to increasing complaints by law school professors who feel that law students fail to think critically about what they hear and read.

"98% of my students will believe anything I say without even thinking about it for one second. It makes me sick to my stomach!", laments Prof. Laura Norder, who teaches second year Evidence at Princeton Law School."

Comments

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    April Fools!!
  • Scuba Diver 90Scuba Diver 90 Alum Member
    18 karma
    Honestly, I believed you because of the so many video explanations I have watched so far. But when I looked at my calendar, I was like lol :)
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    @ram.jamal said:
    Honestly, I believed you because of the so many video explanations I have watched so far. But when I looked at my calendar, I was like lol :)
    Yeah, and I caught the typo as well. I asked myself if LSAC would miss that, but of course they could so I kept reading. Then I was like, "April Fool's! Right??? Wait... ahh shet!"
  • Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    edited April 2016 3107 karma
    Strange. The email I got stated that there will be a section with differential equations, topology, fluid mechanics, and algebraic number theory. The good thing is that the LSAC FINALLY said they were getting rid of the stupid essay. They were just going to replace it with space for you to prove Fermat's Last Theorem.
  • Micaela_OVOMicaela_OVO Alum Member
    1018 karma
    Princeton Law School. LOL.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go home and have a heart attack.

Seemed plausible until it said LSAC was responding to the concerns of professors. Then I was like, okay, this has to be a joke. I didn’t know what day it was, so I was still confused as to why.
  • julsnet2julsnet2 Member
    72 karma
    I almost had a heart attack
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    I was getting ready to flip my books off the table.
  • helenharrishelenharris Alum Member
    72 karma
    JY can we have videos for Critical Analysis please? Burden is on you :P
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    edited April 2016 1024 karma
    Waiting for class to start I no shit yelled "FUCK, my last take and they pull this shit." Then about 2 seconds later I'm like it's April 1.

You got me this time @"J.Y. Ping" better sleep with one eye open.

PS. Please don't give LSAC any ideas and delete this....soon....
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    @LSATKingsman said:
    I no shit yelled "FUCK, my last take and they pull this shit."
    Burned!
  • J_ClarksonJ_Clarkson Alum Member
    585 karma
    Well played JY, well played.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    7 sage students would demolish this section judging by the responses in this thread :-p
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Lol... Oh the attention to detail love it!
  • MookittyyMookittyy Member
    167 karma
    JY You really must know how to push LSATers' buttons for the best April Fools prank judging from the responses! :P
  • MookittyyMookittyy Member
    167 karma
    BTW - can anyone enlighten me on the Princeton jab? I assume it's supposed to be funny but I lack contextual information.
  • Micaela_OVOMicaela_OVO Alum Member
    1018 karma
    @Mookittyy said:
    BTW - can anyone enlighten me on the Princeton jab? I assume it's supposed to be funny but I lack contextual information.
    Princeton Law School doesn't exist! :p
  • Fish0701Fish0701 Member
    133 karma
    I actually did a couple of pace laps around the room before realizing this was a sick joke
  • LARamsNationLARamsNation Member
    592 karma
    OMFG, heart dropped. Lol should of disabled comments for the full effect . Well played, JY
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    lol you had me up to Princeton Law School. :)
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Oh boy! Princeton is finally opening up their law school. It's about time...
  • Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
    893 karma
    tres, tres amusing
  • MikeyMangoodMikeyMangood Alum Member
    edited April 2016 100 karma
    My initial concern with this arose when they allegedly cited law school professor's complaints as a reason why they would add this section. That seemed uncharacteristic of them. But if any of you know this to actually be characteristic of them, then by all means, school me on it.

I am further concerned, however, that I didn't catch the Princeton matter.
  • SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    "Princeton Law School" is what tipped me off lol