Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind Review and Target Score boost

CJF_2180CJF_2180 Alum Member
in General 106 karma

Hi

I have a question about boosting my Blind Review up to my target score. My current timed test is in the 155-157 range while my Blind Review is a 166-168 range. This is mostly due to logic games, so I've been focusing on getting better at them. My target score is a 170. Since I am blind reviewing where I am, do you think that getting in the 170s on Blind Review is just a matter of exposure?

I am planning on doing the games until I get them to where I want and then focus on the rest of LR and RC to bring my timed test up? Does this make sense. I guess I just feel like it's such a large gap I'm not going to be able to do it.

I guess I am just wondering how much I should focus on the fundamentals and how much I can power through. Should I be asking myself specific questions in my BR?

Comments

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

You need to continue to focus on fundamentals until your BR score is 175+. That means really practicing and reviewing core concepts and then doing drilling to reinforce them.

Fool proofing games will work, but it takes a couple months, keep grinding.

I recommend against doing only games and then LR and RC. You will learn more effectively if you are switching around and doing all three sections. See this article for why:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-interleaving-effect-mixing-it-up-boosts-learning/

• CJF_2180CJF_2180 Alum Member
    106 karma

Thanks for the input and the article. I'll mix some LR and RC in with the games too.