Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scared to take more PT's

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
edited September 2017 in General 13286 karma

Well....it's like one week before game day. To say I'm getting nervous would be an accurate statement. I also am not sure what to do prep wise. I have a PT that I really want to take (PT80) but at the same time I don't want to risk getting a bad score and destroying my confidence. My last scored PT was a 174 and I am riding that high currently. I face the dilemma of wanting exposure to another modern test, and wanting to keep my confidence in tact. So.....what do I do?

Take or not
  1. Should I take the test?47 votes
    1. Do it wimp....
      55.32%
    2. Do it but maybe don't score it...you sound kinda fragile
      27.66%
    3. Don't do it! you need all the help you can get...
      17.02%

Comments

• Trust But VerifyTrust But Verify Alum Member
    432 karma

You'll be fine either way. Mind over Matter. Good luck Dawg.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

"Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy."
    --Dale Carnegie

Whether you take it or not is up to you. You scored a 174 on your last PT!!!! YOU GOT THIS!! You have to believe in yourself!! All of us believe in you!!!

(Apologies for the excessive use of exclamation points)

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@"Trust But Verify" Thanks I hope so! I'll prob look over PT 80 in some way/shape/form.

@Freddy_D haha thanks man. You always have the best encouragement. I also like ex!!!!!!!!!!!!!cl!!!!!!am!!!!at!!!!!!!!ion!!!!!! points!

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Do it.

You may learn something that you didn't know before that could be helpful if something like it shows up next week.

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    1084 karma

The way I've done the last couple PTs, including 80 which I did the other day, is that I'm doing them like a test under timed conditions, blind reviewing and checking over answers in the question bank, but not scoring it. I just think focusing on numbers isn't helpful at this point. Focus on what skills you still may need to sharpen instead

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Wait a minute....you're all calling me a Wimp!

@TheMikey O_O ahhhh

@"vanessa fisher" Yeah I think this is what I might do. I may even just break it down into just 4 timed sections and do it as such. I just want to maintain and keep sharp and not break myself into pieces.

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

I find that I actually do better after failing another. It gets me to focus more on the next one. It's all a matter of perspective. I also like to fall into a gamblers fallacy, if I did bad on that one, my odds of doing better on the next one go up! Just don't think too hard about the implications going in the other direction =p

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

Take it! I took it yesterday. It's not too bad, but there's an interesting logic game it wouldn't hurt to be exposed to!

• TheLSATTheLSAT Member
    301 karma

@LSATcantwin
    It is natural to feel afraid. Our brains register the LSAT as a threat, and hence we become susceptible to fearful thoughts. It's easier said than done, but don't be afraid. What's that PT gonna throw at you that you haven't seen this far in your prep? A question? Maybe two? Well, those should not significantly affect your score. I am absolutely convinced that under-performance, if one is not overtly stressed, occurs because of attention deficit. Just make sure you're not burned out and you'll be fine.

• gettingthereslowlygettingthereslowly Free Trial Member
    29 karma

Try taking 80 and then doing a retake of a test you've already done if you don't score as well as you hope. Definitely a good confidence booster.